425 cannot build data connection: connection timed out

Lawrence I. Shaw

Feb 6, 2015, 8:56:22 AM2/6/15
to yajhf...@googlegroups.com
I get that error... It seems to connect but i cant get it working.

Please help me.

Une erreur est survenue pendant la transmission du fax:
425 Cannot build data connection: Connection timed out.

425 Cannot build data connection: Connection timed out.
    at gnu.hylafax.HylaFAXClientProtocol.stot(HylaFAXClientProtocol.java:985)
    at gnu.hylafax.HylaFAXClient.put(HylaFAXClient.java:512)
    at gnu.hylafax.HylaFAXClient.putTemporary(HylaFAXClient.java:545)
    at yajhfc.send.HylaTFLItem.upload(HylaTFLItem.java:70)
    at yajhfc.send.SendFileManager.uploadFiles(SendFileManager.java:86)
    at yajhfc.send.SendController$SendWorker.doWork(SendController.java:348)
    at yajhfc.util.ProgressWorker.run(ProgressWorker.java:189)

YajHFC 0.5.6
Java 1.7.0_75 (Oracle Corporation)
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.7.0_75-b13
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
Linux 3.13.0-37-generic (amd64)

Jonas Wolz

Feb 6, 2015, 12:30:19 PM2/6/15
to yajhf...@googlegroups.com, Lawrence I. Shaw

This is most likely a firewall issue, please see:

http://www.yajhfc.de/documentation/knowledge-base/138-logging-in-works-but-then-a-connection-timeout-occurs

Hope that helps
Jonas

Lawrence Shaw AVC

Feb 7, 2015, 11:32:29 AM2/7/15
to Jonas Wolz, yajhf...@googlegroups.com
We have a hylafax server running with a external domain name (Ex:
fax.domain.com) that we access with a avantfax user and pass.

I have a new linux mint 17.1 laptop.

The firewall would make sence however, The firewall is disabled on my
linux laptop.

To make shure the server was running well, i checked with my windows
machine and winprint connect and sends the fax.

I am stucked...

Jonas Wolz

Feb 8, 2015, 3:28:47 AM2/8/15
to yajhf...@googlegroups.com, Lawrence Shaw AVC

Did you try if changing the "Use passive mode to fetch faxes" option in YajHFC changes anything?

(You can find it under Options->Servers->(your server))