Incorrect time stamps

Nathan Scannell

Mar 2, 2018, 4:04:03 AM3/2/18
to yajhf...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jonas and other folks,

Long time fan, first time mailing...

RE: Version 0.6.1 (Windows)
Can anyone tell me why the YajHFC send/receive time stamp is half an hour out? I have to set the local time offset to -30 minutes on each computer so that the times display correctly.

The Hylafax TimeZone is set to Local and the send & receive logs have the correct time in them and the Hylafax server host displays the correct time. Furthermore, if i set YajHFC to use GMT +9:30 (Adelaide, South Australia) then the timestamps are completely wrong.

Feature Request:
Display the current Hylafax Server system time in the corner of YajHFC
Daylight Savings algorithms for use with GMT

Cheers,

Nathan

  Konos Koncepts Pty Ltd
nsca...@konos.com.au
Ph: 08 7127 1440
MP: 0416 309 972

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by return email and then delete it.

  Konos Koncepts Pty Ltd
nsca...@konos.com.au
Ph: 08 7127 1440
MP: 0416 309 972

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by return email and then delete it.

Jonas Wolz

Mar 3, 2018, 5:47:15 AM3/3/18
to yajhf...@googlegroups.com
It would be interesting for me which timestamp the server actually transmits to the client...

Could you create a debugging log, so I can see the raw data?
To do so, start YajHFC using the "YajHFC (debug mode)" link from the start menu.

Alternatively, you could set RcvFmt to something including %Y in .hylarc on the server and then run  "faxstat -r"

Regarding your feature requests:

> Display the current Hylafax Server system time in the corner of YajHFC
HylaFAX offers no good way to get that time, so this won't be implemented.

> Daylight Savings algorithms for use with GMT
Theoretically possible if Java offers something usable. Will have to take a look at that some time (but won't promise anything yet).
Currently timestamps from the server are passed on unchanged (except if the local time offset is configured).

Thanks
Jonas

Daylight Savings algorithms for use with GMT