Installation from RPM in Leap 42.2

Axel Braun

Mar 17, 2017, 7:46:45 AM3/17/17
to yajhfc-user
Hello,

I have installed yahfc from the RPM (taken from http://www.yajhfc.de/) on Leap, using Cups with named pipes

Different to the How-to, the PRM and the frontend want to use /var/spool/yajhfc/printer-%u as named pipe, but the path does not exist - in doubt, should it not be created by the RPM?

More, I noticed in the task-bar there is a yahfc icon. Mouse-over shows 'JavaEmbeddedFrame' but nothing happens when clicking onto it (Desktop ist KDE Plasma 5) - should I expect something to happen?

Thanks
Axel

Axel Braun

Mar 17, 2017, 8:11:40 AM3/17/17
to yajhfc-user
PS: After manually creating the directories and granting access, the print dialog comes up, and it is working. So seems to be a problem of the RPM?

Jonas Wolz

Mar 21, 2017, 4:19:08 AM3/21/17
to yajhf...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the bug report!
To be honest, the quality of the RPMs is probably lower than of the deb-Packages, because I do not use the RPMs myself...
(i.e. the DEBs will usually work on the current Debian stable, since this is where I use them; for the RPMs I need reports from users since I do not test them regularly)

I modified the RPMs so that they should now create the directory.
You can find the new version under http://download.yajhfc.de/betas/

Could you try if it works for you now?

Jonas.