yad list dialog question

Wendell MacKenzie

Sep 1, 2021, 4:45:00 PM9/1/21
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

   Have a yad list of filenames which get sent via a pipe to the yad executable.  Have a button defined to Select-All items in the list.  Is there a way to have yad
reflect the update list of selected items vs having to exit and re-run the command
to relist them as being selected?

thx.

--

Email: mack...@gmail.com

Wendell MacKenzie

Sep 2, 2021, 5:57:30 PM9/2/21
to yad-common
OK....found a solution.  I added the --listen option.  Setup a pipe that I could read/write on.  Fired up yad to get its input off this pipe.
Then I fed the data to populate the list into the pipe.  I created a button to select all with a command script that gets invoked when
clicked.  in this script, it selectively will initialize the contents of the list and re-populate it depending on whether I want to toggle
the values ON / OFF.  Much faster than reloading the whole display.