Running yad 13 on WIndows 10 using WSLg & xming

Robert Cooper

Feb 17, 2024, 10:38:11 PMFeb 17
to yad-common
In Windows:
Install Powershell

dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestart

dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:VirtualMachinePlatform /all /norestart

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName VirtualMachinePlatform -NoRestart

(Note: The next command failed on my system but, not a problem)
wsl --set-default-version 2

REBOOT

Login to Microsoft Store

Search: Linux

Pick Debian (Preferred) or Ubuntu

Pin to "Start Menu"  and "Taskbar"

Close Microsoft Store

CLick on Linux Icon (Version you chose)

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt install thunar

sudo apt install kwrite

exit

cmd (as administrator)

wsl --update

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/files/Xming/6.9.0.31/

Xming-6-9-0-31-setup.exe (install it) Windows 7, 10 [x] Create Desktop Icon [ ] ssh client

export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
WORKS !!!

http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/yad-win10.png

Robert Cooper

Feb 17, 2024, 10:40:17 PMFeb 17
to yad-common
FORGOT TO MENTION:  I compiled yad 13.0 on  Windows Sub-system Linux  2 = WSLg version 2

Robert Cooper

Feb 18, 2024, 12:30:56 AMFeb 18
to yad-common