YAD 7.0 is out

Victor Ananjevsky

Sep 4, 2020, 10:28:25 AM9/4/20
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com

YAD 7.0 released

New and changes in this release:

- add --enforce-step option to scale dialog
- add tooltips and markup to column headers in list dialog
- add pango-style font definition to text-info dialog
- add --large-preview options for better thumbnails handling
- add --interactive option to icon browser for printing selected icons on stdout
- add custom uri handler (--uri-handler option)
- improve killing children algo for notebook and paden dialogs
- add tooltips for form fields
- fix :tip column in list dialog
- fixes and cleanups in miscellaneous functions
- fix parsing numeric ranges in for dialog
- fixes in man page
- build icon browser by default

Download link - https://github.com/v1cont/yad/releases/tag/v7.0

--
Victor Ananjevsky <vic...@sanana.kiev.ua>

dave

Sep 21, 2020, 8:04:58 PM9/21/20
to yad-common
Would you mind giving some examples of how to use the --uri-handler  for linking to system files please?

Victor Ananjevsky

Sep 24, 2020, 2:31:41 PM9/24/20
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
hi

for example, you can add <a href=sh://path/to/your/script?with&args> to html and parse
such links and run appropriate "script with args" in your uri hadnler

В Mon, 21 Sep 2020 17:04:58 -0700 (PDT)
dave <cedard...@gmail.com> пишет:
--
wbr
Victor Ananjevsky <vic...@sanana.kiev.ua>

dave

Sep 24, 2020, 8:38:33 PM9/24/20
to yad-common
I tried this:

david@hpb:~$ yad --html --uri-handler <a href=sh:///home/david/SyncthingFolders/allScripts/todoFiles/yadNote.sh>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
david@hpb:~$ yad --html --uri-handler <a href=sh://home/david/SyncthingFolders/allScripts/todoFiles/yadNote.sh>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
david@hpb:~$

I'm pretty sure I'm really not doing this right, but I can't find any documents other than this:

I tried that (copied and pasted) and it just opens a blank window.  I think my version is up to date, but obviously something is wrong
david@hpb:~$ yad --version
7.1 (GTK+ 3.24.20)

Is there an additional add-on I need to get html stuff to work?