Yad (dynamic) charts

Zdeněk Kincl

Nov 26, 2020, 3:53:44 AM11/26/20
to yad-common

Hi,
do you know if is possible somehow to plot charts in YAD? You could load a picture but is it possible to do it dynamically without re-load of dialog window.

1. run GNUplot with another process
2. load generated chart into YAD GUI (like using a pipe for text)

I saw that GTK has some socket functionality to create a link with GNUplot, but not sure if something similar is in YAD available.

Thanks,

Zdenek

Jon Cooper

Nov 26, 2020, 11:13:01 AM11/26/20
to yad-common
Hi, I was looking at this just last week and I think it is still on the todo list. You can get a similar effect by using feh with a command to make it reload the image file say every 0.3 second or something. The one I went for isn't geeqie which has a remote option -r I think which you can get your prog to issue every time you want it to reload the image. I realise, of course, that you may have tried these and found them to be unsuitable. Best wishes, Jon.C.

Jon Cooper

Nov 26, 2020, 11:14:36 AM11/26/20
to yad-common
Sorry, my msg should say "is geeqie".