How to save a list without close the yad window

Glloq Zero

Oct 24, 2020, 7:54:38 AM10/24/20
to yad-common
Hello everyone and bravo for this great program that is YAD.

I try, without result, to save the contents of a list without closing the window like:

Record=$(yad --list --editable --separator="|" --grid-lines=both \
--geometry=200x500 --center --header-tips \
--button="Init!edit-delete-symbolic":'bash -c "Init_List"' \
--button="Reload!view-refresh":'bash -c "Reload"' \
--button="Restore!software-update-available":'bash -c "Restore"' \
--button="Save!document-save":'bash -c "Save_Memory2List"' \
--button="Ok!gtk-ok":0 \
--button="End!window-close":1 \
--column=Number \
--listen --print-all < $PIPE_03)

All buttons work except [save] where I am unable to provide to 'Save_Memory2List' the contents of the list. I tried '%s', but it doesn't apply to a button apparently.

Please refer me to a solution to avoid closing/opening this window.

I wish you a good weekend. And long life to YAD.

dave

Nov 19, 2020, 5:18:56 PM11/19/20
to yad-common
I'd try to help but I'm too low level in Bash - I get "$PIPE_03: ambiguous redirect" and not sure how to fix that.

Is there any more of the script you can include that would make that part work?

Julio C. Neves

Nov 19, 2020, 8:47:40 PM11/19/20
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
It would be easier for me if you send the outputs of:
$ ls -l $PIPE_03
$ echo "$PIPE_03"

Abraços,
Julio
» Não tem tempo para fazer um curso presencial?
» Na sua cidade não tem nenhum bom curso de Linux?

Também damos treinamento em sua empresa
em qualquer cidadecom certificado e nota fiscal.

Glloq Zero

Nov 27, 2020, 5:30:43 AM11/27/20
to yad-common
Hi, thank's a lot for your answers.

GlloQ:~$ ls -l $PIPE_03
prw-rw-r-- 1 glloq glloq 0 nov.  27 09:42 /tmp/yadpipe03
GlloQ:~$ echo "$PIPE_03"
/tmp/yadpipe03

grzegorz

Feb 24, 2023, 1:37:12 AM2/24/23
to yad-common
i can't find a solution.
is it possible to save the list without closing the yad dialog?
"Save_list_to_file" is the function.

For example:
yad --height=300 --list \
--checklist \
--column=Buy --column=Item \
--button="Close:1" \
--button="Save:bash -c Save_list_to_file" \
false bread true butter false eggs

Thank you.