is there YAD- AppImage package?

zenos mate

Feb 21, 2021, 9:55:12 AM2/21/21
to yad-common
hi all
Thanks to YAD team for this excellent project..

I need portable version of YAD..
Is it possible to compile all things to one binary apllication file?
I couldn't find yad.AppImage package.

thanks for reply
Bekir

Victor Ananjevsky

Feb 23, 2021, 12:01:49 AM2/23/21
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
hi

just run ./configure --enable-standalone

В Sun, 21 Feb 2021 06:55:12 -0800 (PST)
zenos mate <zenli...@gmail.com> пишет:
--
wbr
Victor Ananjevsky <vic...@sanana.kiev.ua>

zenos mate

Feb 26, 2021, 3:47:54 AM2/26/21
to yad-common
Thanks Victor,
but it doesn't work for me..

yad> ./configure --enable-standalone
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

my distro is  openSUSE Leap 15.2
I git-cloned yad8
cd yad
ls

I think "configure" is a script, but only "configure.am" exist in yad directory..

Maybe i have to  install some compiler-or--bla-bla-tools ???

I'm only a medical-doctor- linux user, not a programmer..

We have some useful shell scripts converting text-data-sets, and we wish to change them for run in  graphical enviroment.
and when distribute scripts ( together with "yad.bin"  -standalone axecutable-) , other colleagues shouldn't have to install yad, because they haven't got package-install permission.

Sorry for terrible English..
Bekir

Victor Ananjevsky

Feb 26, 2021, 6:33:20 AM2/26/21
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
hi

full build sequence (from the root of yad sources):

autoreconf -ivf
intltoolize
./configure --enable-standalone
make

after that you can take binary src/yad and use it as you want

В Fri, 26 Feb 2021 00:47:54 -0800 (PST)
--
с уважением

Виктор Ананьевский <vic...@impulse-kiev.in.ua>
инженер-программист, ЧАО "СНПО Импульс"

zenos mate

Feb 26, 2021, 7:08:44 AM2/26/21
to yad-common

git> cd yad
yad> autoreconf -ivf
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
configure.ac:134: warning: macro 'AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: creating directory build
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
configure.ac:134: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

AND ALSO
yad> intltoolize
bash: intltoolize: command not found

THOUGHT
Maybe i should install gettext and intltoolize
Lets do it..

1) YaST Software said gettext-runtime and gettext-tools already installed..
  I also installed hopeless

"gettext-its-gtk3 - International Tag Set for GTK+ 3"

but no change !

2) Also  search for "intltoolize", YaST said "No Results"..

Yeah, i always hate windows, but sometime much more linux..

thanks for your patience..

Victor Ananjevsky

Feb 26, 2021, 7:42:50 AM2/26/21
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
yes, you need intltoolize and autoconf/automake packages to generate
./configure script

alternativelly you can get released source tarball -
https://github.com/v1cont/yad/releases/download/v8.0/yad-8.0.tar.xz
where ./configure script already generated

and you have to install appropriate -dev packages for gtk3,
gtksourceview, gspell and webkit2
btw, last three are optional and can be disabled with ./configure
see ./configure --help for details

В Fri, 26 Feb 2021 04:08:43 -0800 (PST)

Victor Ananjevsky

Feb 26, 2021, 7:47:38 AM2/26/21
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com

sorry, the name of package is intltool not intltoolize

В Fri, 26 Feb 2021 14:40:51 +0200

zenos mate

Feb 26, 2021, 5:44:31 PM2/26/21
to yad-common

Hi again,

I downloaded that you said..

yad-8.0> ./configure --enable-standalone
checking for a race-free mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
./configure: line 3282: intltool-update: command not found
checking for intltool >= 0.40.0...  found
configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.40.0 or later.

BUT.. YaST doesn't agree this
.. according to YaST  :

intltool - Internationalization Tool Collection
Version: 0.51.0-lp152.5.1
Build Time:
Cts 07 Mar 2020 10:05:53 +03

Interesting for me..

I have no hope that I will be successful..
it's scary to even think about succesfully compiling other GTK libraries..

--Bekir

Victor Ananjevsky

Mar 4, 2021, 12:50:06 AM3/4/21
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
hi

sorry for late answer

looks like your installation of intltool package is broken
or incomplete

this error is a clue
> ./configure: line 3282: intltool-update: command not found

intltool-update command is a part of intltool package
and if it missing that this is something wrong with your intltool
try to reinstall intltool

В Fri, 26 Feb 2021 14:44:31 -0800 (PST)

zenos mate

Mar 14, 2021, 7:08:55 AM3/14/21
to yad-common
Hi Victor, thanks again..
I didn't find required packages in my openSuse enviroment..

I installed Deepin-ubuntu and compiled semi-successfully.
Except webkit*bla bla gtk libraries..

But working well 957 kB ( is it too small ?) binary both of suse and debian  & mate desktop..
We didn't tested yet any KDE desktop..

I'll try again later to compile with all components..
( The reason was  i wish all-in-one-compact-application )

PS: We have UTF-8 problems ( Turkish ) but i think it is  not related to yad..
Maybe problem is GTK or  linux-core spesific..

Thanks again..
Keep your excellent work in GTK4 etc

Bekir