Sailing Day 8/21 AND Clagett Travel Prep

Jine Andreozzi

Aug 17, 2021, 3:42:46 PM8/17/21
to y-knot-...@googlegroups.com, Dan Byrnes, Dan Kennedy, Dave Whalen, Deb Katz, Don Miller, Evan Gould, JR Hardenburgh, Mark Carnevale, Nick Bryan-Brown, Paul Moore, Scott Stewart, Spencer Raggio, Michael Obermayer, Lucas Mance

Hi Y-Knot Sailors & Volunteers!

We’re looking forward to another great sailing day this weekend. We will also be pulling the martins out of the water right after the sailing day to send them off to Newport for this year’s Clagett Regatta! Please make sure to take note of the schedule and new protocols below as they have changed for the 2021 season.

We ask any unvaccinated participants, family members, or volunteers to wear a mask if medically able. Due to the recent increase in the delta variant, we also ask that all volunteers and participants maintain physical distance whenever possible. We will not be able to provide lunch this year, so please make sure to pack your own lunch and snacks for the day.

This Saturday we have a regular sailing day on 8/21. Please check to see if your name is listed below if you are planning to attend, we have limited space this year and can only take the sailors registered. Also, if you have RSVP-ed and can no longer attend, please let me know ASAP.

Volunteers – We could really use more help, especially from folks who can stay a bit later and help us get the Martins out of the water and prepped for travel!! Please RSVP here if you are able to make it.

As a reminder for volunteers: if you have not yet done so, please make sure to fill out your online volunteer forms before Saturday, including the background check credentialOur YMCA has updated its policy for all volunteers, and everyone must annually fill out volunteer forms – a code of conduct agreement, a risk waiver and a background check (which CDYMCA pays for). This needs to be done online here before the first day you plan to volunteer. It is very simple to sign up and this policy is intended for the safety and well-being of everyone involved. Please let me know if you have questions!

Please see below for who we have signed up and to review the schedule and packing list for the day:

Sailing Day, 8/21

Sailors:

1.       Dave Whalen (Sonar)

2.       Eric Rose

3.       Krystal Bain

4.       Paul Moore

5.       Fritz Smith

6.       Shay Evans

7.       Siobhan Murphy

8.       Jim Finkle

Volunteers:

1.       Jeff Hill

2.       Bob Flanagan

3.       Evan Gould

4.       Mark Swyer

5.       Dan Kennedy

Staff:

  1. Mike Obermayer – lead
  2. Jiné - Lead

Sailing Day Schedule:

10:00     Arrival for volunteers, Boat rigging, skipper/crew assignments

11:00     Arrival for ALL sailors, Lunch (bring your own) & Chalk Talk

11:45     Help Sailors Into Boats (multiple shifts will be assigned if needed)

2:45       Wrap Up Sailing, Return to Docks & sailors depart

3:00:      Volunteers De-rig, pull 3 martins from water at Pilot Knob Marina, secure Martins on trailers and pack for regatta

5:00        Volunteers Depart

Packing list:

  • Warm layers – windbreaker or fleece jacket
  • Raincoat
  • PFD (Camp Chingachgook will provide PFD’s, but if you choose to bring your own it will be inspected by Chingachgook staff before permitted for use)
  • Re-Useable Water bottle – In an effort to reduce waste, we will be providing water jugs that sailors and volunteers can fill their water bottles with.
  • Sunscreen
  • Sunglasses
  • Hat with brim
  • Towel

Thanks so much and can’t wait to see you this weekend!

The information contained in this email is confidential and intended solely for the person intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking of any action in relation to the content of this email is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and dispose of this message in a secure manner.