Oscillator noise simulations

Vincent Pinon

Mar 6, 2022, 3:06:14 PM3/6/22
to xyce-users
Hello dear Xyce users & devs,

I am regularly working on oscillators with noise performance
constraints, either for RF (LC VCO) or for references (RC, Quartz XO).
For that, in commercial simulators I use "autonomous" Harmonic Balance
(the program determines oscillation frequency by stability analysis, or
transient?) followed by a noise simulation around that steady state,
that can give me the contributors noise densities or print the
spot/integrated noise summary.

I haven't found a way to do such work with Xyce, did I miss something or
is it on a to-do list?
In the latter case, I don't believe it's an easy work, can it be
expected for mid or long term?

Best regards,

Vincent