Model 8 / 49 warnings

Mehmet Cirit (Ceridli)

Sep 10, 2022, 11:11:06 PM9/10/22
to xyce-users
I have  these model files from a fab, mosfet level 49.  A few questions about
compatibility: Using  7.5.0-NORAD version from the binary distribution on
Centos/Fedora, I haven't tried Ubuntu yet.

1.  I use  Xyce with -hspice-ext all option. With or without switching model files to level 8,
they seem to be working, although I have not compared the results.  Is it necessary to make the level conversion?

2.  With either level specification I get the bogus warnings like

Netlist warning in file models-xyce/XXX.lib at or near line YYY
No model parameter BINFLAG found for model  NCHHVT.1 of type NMOS, parameter ignored.
No model parameter LREF found for model   NCHHVT.1 of type NMOS, parameter ignored.

Similarly for PMOS devices. These parameters are defined, they are in .MODEL statement.

Are there any material consequences of these false warnings?

3.  Diodes usually have an area and perimeter, specified using area=x and Pj=Y.  I suppose if one knows the height of the junction, one can use two diode instances? However, is it possible that you use a diode model which account for the perimeter as well.   Also if the model level is not recognized, it gives the misleading error that no model is found.

Thanks.

Message has been deleted