Operating Point information for Transistors.

John Mayega

Feb 9, 2023, 6:03:38 AM2/9/23
to xyce-users

In other simulators the operating point analysis is used to find the transistors operating information such as Ids, current, vgs, vds, vdssat, vth, etc....

It appears that Xyce output the model information when ".OP" is invoked.
".OP outputs the parameters for all the device models and all the device instances
present in the circuit."

Is there a way to get the transistor bias condition in the operating information.  This is most useful in analog design to determine whether devices are in saturation etc.....

I am hoping I missed something.

Regards.
Message has been deleted

xyce-users

Feb 12, 2023, 6:11:30 PM2/12/23
to xyce-users
You are correct, that output from .OP in Xyce is limited at the moment.  This is something we're planning to expand.

For some of this information, there is a workaround.  For some of the internal device variables such as vgs, vdssat, etc., you can get them from the .PRINT line via the "N" operator.

thanks,
Eric

Sean Baker

Dec 3, 2023, 9:58:02 PM12/3/23
to xyce-users
Is the limited operating point info a limitation of the built-in BSIM models, or is it more a simulator issue?

Also, is there a way to get a list of all device operating point data that's available?

The user guide mentions a few things like Vgs, Vth, etc. But from experimenting I found that Gm, Cgs, Cgd are available. Accessing a list of what's available would be super useful.