No. of columns for .print statement

Mehmet Cirit (Ceridli)

Nov 10, 2023, 2:38:32 AM11/10/23
to xyce-users
Is there a way to limit the number of columns in tabular outputs. Some simulators
and an option parameter for this purpose, or if there are multiple .print statements,
they would produce multiple transient output one after the other. Xyce adding them up to
make a single row.   I need to print out a lot of variables, and looking at a very very long line
is not ideal.

Is there a way to reduce the number of columns in a row?

Eric Keiter

Nov 12, 2023, 6:56:51 PM11/12/23
to xyce-users

There is no setting for this in Xyce.   But it would be a good feature so I'll add it to the issue-tracker.

One can, however, use multiple .PRINT statement to have the output go to multiple files.  That way you can avoid having all of it in one file.  You'll have to specify "file = filename" on the .print line, after the analysis field, and before the data fields.

thanks,
Eric