configure: error: Unable to find required library, teuchoscore

Kannan

Mar 30, 2023, 3:04:45 AM3/30/23
to xyce-users
Hi,
           I am trying to compile the xyce 7.6 from source on WSL2 ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I followed the procedure as in "https://xyce.sandia.gov/documentation-tutorials/building-guide/#serialLinuxXyce".  My trilinos build was working. But I got the "configure: error: Unable to find required library, teuchoscore" error when i run the ./reconfigure.sh script for building xyce. I checked the previous solutions in the forum but it didn't help me. I am attaching my config.log and reconfigure.sh file for xyce build. Please help me with this issue

Thanks
Kannan

reconfigure.sh
config.log

Tom Russo

Mar 30, 2023, 12:03:21 PM3/30/23
to Kannan, xyce-users
Your configure line uses ARCHDIR=$HOME/XyceLibs/Serial as we recommend, but from the contents of config.log it is showing that $HOME was "/root" and that configure never found /root/XyceLibs/Serial.  This suggests that you ran Xyce's configure as root (maybe through "sudo?") and that you did something else when you ran cmake for trilinos.  Looking through config.log shows that /root/XyceLibs/Serial appears nowhere except in the comment line saying how configure was run.  This means that the directory doesn't even exist so configure ignored the ARCHDIR setting altogether.

Please double check that your ARCHDIR setting in Xyce's configure script is the correct location of where you actually installed trilinos.

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kannan U.M

Apr 2, 2023, 9:13:00 PM4/2/23
to xyce-users

Hi,

             Thanks Tom. I could build xyce by following your instructions. I changes the ARCHDIR path to the actual trilinos path. I could also execute the make and make install from the build directory. I did the regression test after the make install after adding the prerequisite libraries. Some tests passed whereas others failed. But now I am having a new issue. I could not locate the xyce binary location to add to path as per the manual. I am also trying to add this binary path to the qucs-s as its xyce backend. I tried the following:

1)      There’s a $HOME/XyceInstall/Serial/bin with a Xyce file in it. I tried to run a sample netlist from here with the command “Xyce diode_clip.cir”. I got the error: “Xyce: command not found

2)      $HOME/build_xyce/src/ has a Xyce file. I tried to do the same here but got the same error message

3)      From the build directory,   $HOME/build_xyce, I tried a src/Xyce -v. I got the output “Xyce Release 7.6-opensource”

4)      I checked the /usr/local directory as well but could not find the Xyce directory.

I am attaching the config.log after xyce build and serial_results after regression test. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

Kannan

serial_results.txt
config.log