hspice to xyce

Dana Hajj

Jan 9, 2022, 2:13:08 PM1/9/22
to xyce-users
I had a question regarding running an hspice netlist on xyce. I have a large hspice netlist (around 200k lines) and I wanted to run it using xyce. Is their a way to do so?
Also I am using a TSMC65nm technology library and when I try to run it using xyce with the command ".lib 'crn65gplus_2d5_lk_v1d0.l' TT $ technology TSMC 65nm" xyce ignores this command. I have also tried using the include command and this didn't work. (The library and the command both work for hspice)
If anyone knows how to fix it it would be great
Thank you!

xyce-users

Jan 10, 2022, 11:14:27 AM1/10/22
to xyce-users
Xyce is not completely netlist compatible with HSPICE, and many HSPICE netlists (especially those that include PDK libraries) require translation using our XDM netlist translator.

Binaries for XDM are available on xyce.sandia.gov in the download section for Linux, OS X, and Windows.  Source code for XDM may be downloaded at https://github.com/Xyce/XDM.  Documentation for XDM is at https://xyce.sandia.gov/downloads/_assets/documents/XDM_User_Guide.pdf.

Kevin Cameron

Jan 10, 2022, 3:55:23 PM1/10/22
to xyce-users
This is the kind of thing you want to do on-the-fly as you read the files into Xyce, i.e.: stick some code in that checks to see if a file specified as input needs translated, and if so do it in a pipe so you don't have to manage translated files.

Preferably you do the translators as Perl/Python scripts so that they are easy to fix on-site, and can have local customizations, trying to do one-size-fits-all translators is a difficult task. XDM can probably be tweaked to work that way.

If anyone wants to do that for SIMPLIS, let me know: there might be money in it.

Dana Hajj

Jan 12, 2022, 3:06:35 PM1/12/22
to xyce-users
I was able to create a matlab script that translates the hspice netlist to the xyce format yet I am facing an error in the library. I am using the following command to include the library: .lib 'crn65gplus_2d5_lk_v1d0.l' TT
and I am getting the following errors:

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 10.03.55 PM.png

Is there a way to fix this without using xdm?