Problems with messages being flagged as spam and its effect on the web-based conversation history

Tom Russo

Feb 28, 2023, 9:55:09 AM2/28/23
to xyce-users
As Eric has recently noted, Google Groups has begun flagging many posts to this group as "suspicious" (even those from the Xyce group) and holding them for moderation.

When it does this, the Xyce team has to approve each post manually.  We have been doing that, and those approved messages go out to email subscribers.  But the annoying consequence of this process is that none of those messages show up in the web-based Google Groups conversation history.  In their place is a note that "message has been deleted".

We have queries in to the google groups community support, but to date nobody has responded.

In the meantime you may notice delays between your posts and when they go out to users via email.  And if you are subscribed to the group but have your setting to "web only" you will miss out on any responses that have been through this "suspicious" flagging process.  I am not sure if the digest version also suffers from this problem, but I suspect it does.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but so far we have been able to do nothing to make it stop.