Use of ! in global net names

Mehmet Cirit (Ceridli)

Feb 27, 2023, 4:34:00 PM2/27/23
to xyce-users
I have a global net name  like SUB! used deep inside .lib statements. Although
I have
.global SUB!

at the top, but I get no connection to the ground messages about nodes which are supposed to be connected to it.

I think anything which can be used in an expression like +-* etc. is not allowed as a node name. ! is used in expressions, but I am not sure if it is allowed in node names. I don't get any errors in using it.

I will appreciate any insights.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Keiter, Eric R

Feb 28, 2023, 9:55:04 AM2/28/23
to xyce-users

Arrgh.  I have posted this reply twice to the google group, and it got flagged.  So, I went to the pending folder and approved it, which resulted in it being deleted.

Tom has been complaining about this recently.    Google seems confused.

Eric

From: xyce-users <xyce-...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, February 27, 2023 at 3:35 PM
To: xyce-users <xyce-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [xyce-users] Re: Use of ! in global net names

A lot of weird characters are allowed in node names and device names, including the exclamation point.    For node names, it is legal for the name to be a single character exclamation point.

A slightly smaller set of weird characters are allowed in parameter names.  I think for parameter names, exclamation points are allowed as long as they aren't the first or last character of the parameter name.

You can see some examples of this in our tests suite in the Xyce_Regression/Netlists/INVALID_CHARS subdirectory.

thanks,
Eric