possible bug in test script numprocs should be numproc (with no "s")

Mostafa Said

Nov 1, 2021, 2:48:48 PM11/1/21
to xyce-users
Hello
I was testing Xyce 6.12 with parallel testing using the script "run_xyce_regressionMP"
this script requires the number of processor cores to test on. the option suggested is "--numprocs=N" when I did that I got error as follows
asd@ubuntu:~/Work/Xyce-6.12/build_serial$ ./test_serial
Unknown option: numprocs
Usage:
run_xyce_regression [options] [/path/to/Xyce]
--version             # Print version information
--verbose             # Enable verbose output
--taglist             # List of tags to use +tagA-tagB?tagC [+serial+nightly]
                        Note: -exclude is always added unless it appears explicitly
--onetest="DIR/[CIR]" # Run a single test or tests below DIR satisfying taglist
--extrahelp           # Full list of command-line options
/path/to/Xyce         # absolute path to Xyce binary, default is to look in path

when I removed the "s" so the option becomes "--numproc=N" it ran successfully

Thanks

xyce-users

Nov 1, 2021, 3:01:39 PM11/1/21
to xyce-users
Not really a bug, just a typo in the documentation which has been corrected.

Thank you.

Mostafa Said

Nov 1, 2021, 3:11:59 PM11/1/21
to xyce-users
Thanks a lot for taking care of that and sorry for using the word "bug" it should be typo as you mentioned