free version

Shi...@rogers.com

Apr 10, 2017, 10:27:19 AM4/10/17
to The Xxclone Forum
Hi,
I haven't been able to find a free version that works on my
Windows 7 machine.
Can I assume that the fee version is, or has, been phased out?
Thanks,
....... john

Dan Anderson

Apr 10, 2017, 10:50:09 AM4/10/17
to xxc...@googlegroups.com, xxc...@yahoogroups.com, Kan Yabumoto XXCLONE tech

It may be too early to determine what will be the future for Xxclone.  As noted earlier, the creator of the product, Kan Yabumoto, died on March 31 following a lengthy illness.

Garry Deane posted the following comment to the xxcopy googlegroup on April 3 in response to queries regarding the legacy of Kan's work:
        "I am aware that Kan had made a number of plans regarding the future of Xxcopy (and Xxclone). Unfortunately I do not know whether any of those plans will eventuate. To the best of my knowledge (which is not recent), Kan planned for the day to day running of Pixelab to continue to be administered by one of his sons."

For the time being Kan's family will likely be focusing on family priorities.  There is no indication as yet that Xxclone will be discontinued, although it's continuation may be more tentative that Xxcopy since Xxclone has seemed to be more of a secondary priority with fewer users.

I'll copy in the Xxcopy group as well (and Kan's email address if business associates are accessing that) in case others can provide any more recent updates.

Patience for now I guess, particularly in light of the sad circumstances.

Dan

Shi...@rogers.com

Apr 10, 2017, 12:38:06 PM4/10/17
to xxc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dan.
          I'm sorry. I did read about Kan's passing, but not much more. My condolences to his family.
That explains a lot. Patience, yes, right.
Thanks again for answering my mail.
I apologize for appearing to be insensitive. I really should read all of my mails.
..... john