Uninstalling XXClone

John Parry

Mar 18, 2016, 4:09:08 PM3/18/16
to The Xxclone Forum
Hi,

I've been trialling XXClone for a while but I've not been 100% happy and today tried to uninstall but with no success.

I've tried to uninstall via Windows add/remove and all appears to go well - but the software appears to be still on my machine.  I've tried to uninstall using Revo Uninstaller - but the software is still there.  I also tried uninstalling via the start/run box - xxclone /uninst - no luck.  I've even gone through the registry and removed any references to XXClone I can find but it just sits there on my desktop!!!  Incidentally it's Freeware  Ver. 2.08.0.  I've re-installed and that goes as expected, I've then uninstalled - and that goes as expected after which the software is not listed as installed - but the XXClone icon is still on my desk top!.  I click on it and the software runs!

What IS happening?

Does anyone know if there is a dedicated uninstall software to completely remove XXClone?

I have looked through all the old forums and I can't see uninstalling problems mentioned.

Incidentally I'm using and elderly Dell Dimension 9150 3 Ghz duo core PC with 4 Gb RAM and XP Pro.  The machine runs well and has Panda anti virus and malwareBytes ant-malware installed.

Anyone any ideas?

John