XXCLONE Abandoned?

Terry Smythe

Jan 11, 2017, 10:44:36 PM1/11/17
to The Xxclone Forum
Both the Freeware and TestDrive versions will not install.  Error - ....version expired.....     .....design life expired......       Emails to the Pixelab site go unanswered.     Has XXCLONE been abandoned?     The Pixelac site is still functioning, but no updates to XXCLONE.     Thoughts of others?

Greegor

Jan 12, 2017, 12:19:05 AM1/12/17
to The Xxclone Forum
The author Kan Yabumoto has been very busy but posted into a Yahoo group rather than this Google group/usenet as recently as November, with an updated version.
I wish he would make a version that does not "go stale" and shut down  (for WinXP holdouts where MS stopped major alterations) but preventing people from running old versions certainly makes sense with the changes that Microsoft keeps making to Win10.  Be patient, I suspect he may release a new version soon or at least refresh the freshness date.
(Thank You Kan for putting in all of the effort on this project)