re: wind up of Pixielab

Dan Anderson

Jun 24, 2017, 6:52:27 PM6/24/17
to xxc...@googlegroups.com

Gary Deane, one of the knowledgeable XXcopy posters, posted the comments below in the XXcopy yahoo group.

The intention to wind up Pixielab would impact the future of XXclone as well.

One of the unknowns is whether Kan's son will provide the source codes to someone else (?) who might undertake to continue with updates etc.  I haven't seen any indication as yet that anyone has offered to take on that sort of ongoing role for XXcopy and/or XXclone.

Dan

Jun 25, 2017, 1:43:02 AM6/25/17
to xxc...@googlegroups.com, Dan Anderson
Personally, I don't need any updates, I just need the expiration date to be removed from the copy of XXClone I have so that I can continue to use it with my Windows 7.

Mark McClure

Sep 29, 2019, 1:12:04 AM9/29/19
to The Xxclone Forum
I have sent a few emails over the last couple of years offering to purchase the source code.  No response to the email Does anyone have a more direct address to the son?

Regards,

Mark McClure
BSEE, JD