XWT add-in for xamarin studio errors when creating a new project

Joel Barsotti

Jan 29, 2016, 2:02:32 PM1/29/16
to XWT Widget Toolkit
I'm trying to dip my toe in the XWT pond, but I can't even get a project off the ground.

I added the templates to xamarin studio.  But when I try to new up a new solution it asks if I want to use the git repository or nuget.  Using the git option causes a crash, then when I reload the solution I'm missing the XWT reference.  Using the nuget option, I'm left without an actual nuget package.  When I do a search on nuget, I can't find an official Xwt package.

Thanks,
Joel

Damian Suess

Mar 23, 2016, 11:42:07 AM3/23/16
to XWT Widget Toolkit
Hi Joel,

As a workaround to this i created the Xwt-Alt NuGet package so that i could add XWT to my projects.

Why the name, Xwt-Alt (Alternative)? It's because I am not a direct developer for XWT, however I do use it and need to make sure applications are up to date with the most stable release of XWT.  There are no changes to XWT other than the name, so when the official NuGet package is created it can be used in its place.

Currently Xwt-Alt is on NuGet's staging server & will be ported over to the main site very shortly.  Hope this helps out.

As an FYI, the project is hosted on GitHub:
Message has been deleted

Damian Suess

Mar 23, 2016, 11:50:09 AM3/23/16
to XWT Widget Toolkit
p.s.
Here's the link to NuGet's staging area (below) and it will be up on the main server quite soon.

Also, the versioning for Xwt-Alt is based on  standard XWT (0.1) plus the following:
* Build is incremented during major changes (N + 1).
* Revision is "YYDDD" (day of the year) format.