Beginner problem

analyze

Aug 12, 2017, 10:50:07 AM8/12/17
to XWT Widget Toolkit
Hello,
I just got started on c#/.net today and i wanted to try XWT since i can't use wpf because i can't make a windows for now.
I am on ubuntu 16.04 with monodevelopp, everything's up to date.
I followed the readme. I built Xwt.dll and copied in my /usr/lib/pkgconfig directory

But mono seems to not find the dll even if i added in reference Xwt.dll

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Xwt, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Xwt, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Xwt, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Xwt, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'
The application was terminated by a signal: SIGHUP

Thanks for your answers in advance

expeehaa

Sep 1, 2017, 8:56:43 AM9/1/17
to XWT Widget Toolkit
Building it yourself is probably not the best option at the beginning.
There are NuGet packages of Xwt with all backends. You may just have installed the framework you want to use so that Xwt can access and use it.
I know that it is possible to download NuGet packages through MonoDevelop, maybe you need an extension for it.
The only advantage of building it yourself is that you can always have the latest version.

If you just want to try it first, I would prefer adding these NuGet packages.

Owl007

Sep 7, 2018, 2:30:56 PM9/7/18
to XWT Widget Toolkit
The required dll's (Xwt.dll, Xwt.Gtk.dll) come with MonoDevelop, and should be in /usr/lib/monodevelop/bin. Use Edit References, .NET Assembly tag, Browse button, to fish them out.