Include time.h header compile errors

Avramidis, Ilias

Nov 28, 2020, 12:10:23 PM11/28/20
to xvisor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Xvisor Community,

I was wondering If you can help me with two issues that I am facing

I want to use some of the functions that the time.h header provides like the clock() and difftime().

I can see that you are including that header under the path: docs/examples/rpmsg_test.c

However, when I am using the same header under the path : commands/cmd_ping.c

I am getting errors during the compile process.

Is there any chance to help me with that, how I can include the time.h under the cmd_ping.c file?

Also, If I execute more that 2 pings I am receiving this bug:

FATAL: Bug in m_ext_free() at /home/ab/x_codes/latest_version/xvisor-next/core/net/vmm_mbuf.c:386
0x1003B938 m_ext_free+0xa8/0xd8
0x1003B9B4 m_freem+0x24/0x38
0x10096058 smsc95xx_start_xmit+0x68/0x80
0x10097E60 netdev_switch2port_xfer+0xa0/0xb8
0x1003C4B0 vmm_switch2port_xfer_mbuf+0x80/0xc8
0x1003D794 bridge_rx_handler+0x2ec/0x338
0x1003C1D8 netswitch_bh_main+0x108/0x1a0
0x1003566C vmm_threads_entry+0x2c/0x78
0x00000000 _code_start+0xfffffffff0000000/0xa4
FATAL: Please reset the system ...

Any idea how I can fix that?

Many thanks,
Kind regards,
Ilias

________________________________
Important Notice: the information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University.

Anup Patel

Nov 29, 2020, 7:09:16 AM11/29/20
to Xvisor Devel
Hi Ilias,

The rpmsg_test.c is a user-space application to test RPMSG inside a Guest Linux
whereas cmd_ping.c is a Xvisor command linked with Xvisor binary. The Xvisor
vmm_wallclock.h provides similar functionality as user-space time.h so you can
explore using vmm_wallclock.h

Regarding the crash with 2 pings, can you share steps to reproduce this. I will
try to fix this at my end. I am suspecting some bug in the old lwIP
version we have
integrated in Xvisor.

Regards,
Anup

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 10:40 PM Avramidis, Ilias

Avramidis, Ilias

Dec 16, 2020, 10:13:19 AM12/16/20
to xvisor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anup,

Hope you are well,

Sorry for my late response on this,

Here is a figure of the steps that I followed with the bug that I receive about the LwIP

Please find attached the figure and let me know If you need further information by me.

[cid:0d7c7e7a-5c1f-481e-8afb-02f057af904a]

Many thanks