USING XTREEMFS ON UBUNTU 18

ygor.go...@gmail.com

May 2, 2019, 2:05:17 PM5/2/19
to XtreemFS
I didn't see the topic about this as before.

check here if you guys want to test the system on ubuntu 18.

the release key command was provided by my friend: Giba Neto.

01) nano /etc/apt/sources.list

add-> deb https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/xtreemfs:/unstable/xUbuntu_18.04/ ./

03)sudo apt-get update
04)sudo apt-get install xtreemfs-client
05)sudo apt-get install xtreemfs-server

Robert Schmidtke

May 3, 2019, 2:20:46 AM5/3/19
to XtreemFS
For the sake of completeness, here is the official documentation:

Cheers
Robert

Robert Schmidtke

May 3, 2019, 2:22:01 AM5/3/19
to XtreemFS
Of course you want to use one of the unstable repositories: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/xtreemfs:/unstable/

Ygor Gomes

May 7, 2019, 8:27:48 PM5/7/19
to xtre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your time.

where i can find this parameter (on which file) ?

flease.lease_timeout_ms

i try to find it on mrcconfig and other files basically located on /etc/xos/xtreemfs/ and the sub-folder server-replo-plugin, but i cant find

my intention is to reduce the time from 14000ms to 2000ms

BTW, thanks again for your support

--

---

Robert Schmidtke

May 8, 2019, 3:19:19 AM5/8/19
to XtreemFS
Hi Ygor,

you would put that parameter in your OSD and MRC configuration files. It's not included in the shipped configurations, but the documentation mentions this parameter is applicable to OSDs and MRCs:

Please consider opening a new thread for questions that are not related to the current thread topic.

Cheers
Robert