Using XtreemFS with Windows Mail Server

Vahric Muhtaryan

Mar 6, 2021, 10:08:42 AM3/6/21
to XtreemFS
Hello ,

I'm working for ISP ...
We are using Windows Icewarp Server ....
We have big volumes like 5, 7, 10 TB volumes ....
Million of files ....
We faced bad issue with ReFS , its corrupted and we are looking for extendable for powerful , scalable file system with windows also need performance plus option like mirroring if something happen primary system continue from DR or secondary system ...

Regards
VM

Florian Schintke

Mar 9, 2021, 5:54:19 AM3/9/21
to xtre...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you for your interest in XtreemFS. At the moment, the project is
lacking maintainers and development, and I don't see that changing in
the foreseeable future. So I would not recommend XtreemFS for
production environments unless you are willing to invest in
maintenance and code development yourself.

Regards
Florian

Nick Rathke

Mar 9, 2021, 10:10:31 PM3/9/21
to xtre...@googlegroups.com
Hi VM,

Not sure what your budget is, but I would strongly recommend Qumulo if you have the budget. I ran it at the University of Utah, with email + web + file store for many millions of files. Fast and very reliable, works well with Windows AD and SMB system, etc.

I would love to see development of XtreemFS continue, it is a great system to learn about distributed files systems (I run it on Opensuse and have had some luck under FreeBSD).

Nick Rathke

--

---

Vahric Muhtaryan