xtreemfs ipv6

christoph...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2018, 3:51:14 AM2/16/18
to XtreemFS
Hello,
ist it possible to give dir, mrc and osd ipv6 address and hostname ? How do I configure v6 hostname lookups for dir and mrc ?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

Robert Schmidtke

Feb 19, 2018, 8:41:31 AM2/19/18
to XtreemFS
Hi Christoph,

I think IPv6 should work out of the box, if you specify hostnames instead of IP addresses for the services in the configuration file. The JVM will try to perform a lookup, and if that resolves to IPv4 or IPv6 should not matter.
Since we're using boost on the client end, my guess is that IPv6 is handled as well as boost does it -- so it shouldn't be a problem either.

Are you facing any issues with IPv6 that you could describe in more detail?

Cheers
Robert