HIGGINS, RICHARD I.

Oct 20, 2017, 9:59:54 AM10/20/17
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hello:
One of our EAD catalogues has started returning a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error to the browser.
I have not been able to get any more specific information out of the system (there are quite a few arrays in a 4MB file) but I have checked everything that has changed in the file since it last worked to no avail. I have had this error once before when a catalogue was given two copyright dates, but that is not the problem here.
The catalina.out log gives no more than the error, I have cleaned the index, and running command line passes of the file against the stylesheets gives the same result as with files that work, so I am wondering how I can identify the source of the problem.
Can anyone suggest further ways to narrow down the source of the error, please?
Thank you
--
# Richard Higgins
# Durham University Library

Martin Haye

Oct 20, 2017, 1:10:39 PM10/20/17
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
A full call trace if one is available in your logs would help illuminate the problem. I suspect Unicode tokenizing.

--Martin

rh

Oct 29, 2017, 6:43:17 AM10/29/17
to XTF Users List
It became obvious when I substituted another file altogether for the problem one and that did not fix it that it was not a simple error. In the end the only thing that fixed this was a tomcat restart. That worked.