<group> for facets doesn't include existing element

gh...@library.berkeley.edu

Mar 13, 2019, 1:17:17 PM3/13/19
to XTF Users List
Hi!

We have been using XTF for severals of our sites with little problems, but, recently, I've run into a puzzling issue.

The site uses facets, and one of them - Countries - consistently doesn't include Italy which, generally but not always, is the country that has the largest number of documents. Note that in the case of a data entry error when the word was spelled ITaly, the facet actually included it. Also note that this doesn't seem to happen with any other location.

I have checked in the textIndexer that the index is correctly created and that, while the term appears in the <country***> tags, it's not included in the <group> tag for the resultFormatter.

<country>Italy</country>
<countryclean>Italy</countryclean>
<countrynospace>Italy</countrynospace>
<countrysplit>Italy</countrysplit>
<countrysplitfacet>Italy</countrysplitfacet>

but
<facet field="countrysplitfacet" totalGroups="3" totalDocs="6">
<group value="FlandersBelgium" rank="1" totalSubGroups="0" totalDocs="3" startDoc="0" endDoc="0"/>
<group value="France" rank="2" totalSubGroups="0" totalDocs="2" startDoc="0" endDoc="0"/>
<group value="RouenFrance" rank="3" totalSubGroups="0" totalDocs="1" startDoc="0" endDoc="0"/>
</facet>

In Step 5, the display of all the hits for the search include at position 7 the record that has country: Italy.

I'm not clear where the <group> tag is created since I don't see the mechanism in the xsl.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Giulia

Martin Haye

Mar 13, 2019, 3:37:57 PM3/13/19
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giulia,

I've never seen that behavior before. One thing to try would be building a clean index, just in case somehow the one you have got corrupt. (I've seen that happen).

If that doesn't work, maybe send me (off-list) a zip of your stylesheet directory, and an XML file for the document at position 7 in the results you listed, and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem here.

--Martin