XTF with Alto/ Mets file

victor

Jun 22, 2010, 9:42:37 AM6/22/10
to XTF Developer list
Hi,

Does XTF work with ALTO and METS file. I wish to convert pdf to alto
and then use XTF search engine for this type of file. I do not want
pdf files in our data. From the documentation it seems it can work on
tei, nml and ead type of xml file but I am not sure about alto and
mets.

Thanks in advance for the reply,

Victor
vidy...@gmail.com

Martin Haye

Jun 22, 2010, 4:10:31 PM6/22/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Victor,

XTF can work with ALTO and METS; in fact it can work with any data in XML.
The example stylesheets that come with the distribution (for TEI, EAD, and
NLM) can serve as a guideline as you make your own for your particular
flavor of METS and ALTO.

--Martin