XTF on github

Martin Haye

Apr 9, 2014, 11:10:03 PM4/9/14
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com, xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi xtf users and developers,

The vote was pretty much in favor of using github for XTF development, so the repo is now there as well: https://github.com/cdlib/xtf

Please fork away... and let us know how it goes! I'm not a github expert so I could have messed something up.

For now we'll be maintaining the Mercurial repo on SourceForge as a shadow, so there's no need to switch things if you're already using that one.

--Martin

Lisa Schiff

Apr 10, 2014, 2:16:05 PM4/10/14
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com, xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Last week I had mentioned the idea of a call for everyone interested in diving into more community based XTF development, but it seems like the email conversations have really been a better way of addressing that.  Now that Martin has put the code on github folks can do that development, share what they're doing with others, and as they want, make pull requests.

I'm still happy to set up a call if it would be useful, but it seems like we're past that now.

What do people think?

Lisa

Conal Tuohy

Apr 11, 2014, 12:03:22 AM4/11/14
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com, xtf-...@googlegroups.com, Lisa Schiff
Hi Lisa

I'm not too fussed about the teleconference idea, since I'd be in a very different timezone (UTC+12) to most of the US-based participants and probably wouldn't make it anyway. So my personal preference would be to continue the discussion here and collaboration via the GitHub repo.

Regards

Con