Facet groups and paging

petkovf

Feb 4, 2010, 1:36:54 PM2/4/10
to XTF Developer list
Hello,

I went into great detail into the implementation of facet fields
(alphanumeric browse), whereas I tested the experimental feature of
'subDocuments'. First of all, this feature worked very well and helped
me optimizing the performance of my application. It all went all,
until I tried to integrate the paging mechanism by the alphanumeric
browsing. When trying to adjust the XSLT-scripts, it turned out that
the number of the documents found suitable for the facet group are
possible to be identified. However, the paging for this group is not
possible to be performed in this case. While exploring the XML-
sources, which are being provided by the request, I came to the
conclusion that the attribute of the 'startDoc' is always assigned
value 'one' (1), apart from the fact that in the request for the
parameter with the same name it was assigned, e.g. value 'twenty
one' (21).
I presume we face not fully implemented feature in this case. I would
appreciate if this problem could be fixed or if I can get any info how
it can be fixed. I believe the solution is somewhere in the Java code
when formatting the XML-document, which is being returned by the
request.
I will be glad to hear from you.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Filip

petkovf

Feb 5, 2010, 2:38:37 AM2/5/10
to XTF Developer list
Hallo,

To emphasize the above-mentioned problem, I give below a concrete
examples of a request and the returned XML-source:

- Request:
http://localhost:8080/MyAppName/search?browse-fullInfo=first;sort=fullInfo;startDoc=21

- Query in XML:
<query indexPath="index" termLimit="1000" workLimit="1000000"
style="style/crossQuery/resultFormatter/default/resultFormatter.xsl"
startDoc="21" maxDocs="10000" sortMetaFields="sort-surname,sort-
forename">

- Facet group in XML:
<facet field="browse-fullInfo" totalGroups="25" totalDocs="1653">
<group value="aa" rank="1" totalSubGroups="0" totalDocs="62"
startDoc="1" endDoc="62">

As you can see, the parameter 'startDoc' from the request was read and
assigned to the query attribute 'startDoc', but not in the group
attribute, where the value is still 'one' (1).

I hope that this example will help to better understand the problem.

Best regards,
Filip

Martin Haye

Feb 5, 2010, 12:31:49 PM2/5/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Filip,

I will try to reproduce this next week (I'm currently in a training class).
In the meantime, take a look in queryParser.xsl where the facet query is
generated... you may find clues there.

--Martin