New XTF website

Martin Haye

Sep 23, 2010, 4:50:12 PM9/23/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com, xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Dear XTF Community Members:

You're invited to preview the new eXtensible Text Framework (XTF) website!

The California Digital Library, which developed and maintains XTF, has created this new site to make it easier for programmers, librarians, and the general public to learn more about and implement the open-source program.

What’s new about the XTF site:

XTF’s previous documentation wiki, hosted on SourceForge, will remain up for a month or so as we replace its pages with links to the new site. The Mercurial source code repository will stay on SourceForge, and release downloads will be made simultaneously on the new site and on SourceForge.

We are giving the XTF community a first look at our new site and want to hear from you! Please send your feedback to the xtf-user list. We're happy for any comments – both positive and constructive critiques – on the site’s design, content, and our new user tools.  We will be announcing the site to the general public in about a week and would appreciate any feedback prior to that date.

--Martin

Bridger Dyson-Smith

Sep 23, 2010, 5:10:27 PM9/23/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin -
this looks fantastic! Will we be seeing random links to automotive resources, mental math, and handmade jewelry? :-)

All joking aside, the new site looks very nice.

Cheers,
Bridger

Martin Haye

Sep 23, 2010, 5:22:10 PM9/23/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bridger. And this should be the end of spam creeping into our documentation. If you find any that we missed during the massive porting effort, do let us know!

--Martin

From: Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdyso...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:10:27 -0400
To: <xtf-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [xtf-devel] New XTF website

Chris Davoren

Sep 23, 2010, 7:38:32 PM9/23/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

The site looks amazing!  I think it's a great positive step for XTF's image - certainly easier to navigate than the sourceforge page, and a lot more attractive.

The only (tiny) suggestion I would make is to add dates to the changelog.  I've often found it handy to know how long the latest official release (of any package) has been out.

Cheers,
Chris.

Martin Haye

Sep 23, 2010, 8:01:00 PM9/23/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com
Great idea Chris. I just added the dates of the last several releases.

--Martin

From: Chris Davoren <cdav...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:38:32 +1000

XTF’s previous documentation wiki, hosted on SourceForge, will remain up for a month or so as we replace its pages with links to the new site. The Mercurial source code repository will stay on SourceForge, and release downloads will be made simultaneously on the new site and on SourceForge.

We are giving the XTF community a first look at our new site and want to hear from you! Please send your feedback to the xtf-user list. We're happy for any comments – both positive and constructive critiques – on the site’s design, content, and our new user tools.  We will be announcing the site to the general public in about a week and would appreciate any feedback prior to that date.

--Martin

Jamie Orchard-Hays

Sep 29, 2010, 1:10:34 PM9/29/10
to xtf-...@googlegroups.com, xtf-...@googlegroups.com