ignore symbols inside words on search

Valentina

Oct 14, 2016, 1:14:28 PM10/14/16
to XTF Developer list
Hi,
I want to ignore a symbol/character on search, how I have to do?

In my case, on the original file (TEI .xml extension) I have senteces like this:
Lorem ipsum d(olor) s(it) a(met), c(onsectetur) a(dipiscing) e.lit

1.  I need to be able for example to search the word "dolor" and found the match in the original file "d(olor)",
or to search "sit amet" and found the match in "s(it) a(met)".
So the ability to tell to XTF to ignore the characters (), so noindex the characters () only for the search.

2.  I also need to search the word "elit"  and found the match in the original file "e.lit"
So the ability to tell to XTF to ignore the symbol dot . inside words only for the search.

3.  I need to display the original sentence (on view mode) like original:
Lorem ipsum d(olor) s(it) a(met), c(onsectetur) a(dipiscing) e.lit

Do not know if this is useful for my case:
On documentation I found this code:
<xsl:template match="teiHeader">

<xsl:copy>

<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>

<xsl:attribute name="xtf:noindex" select="'true'"/>

<xsl:apply-templates/>

</xsl:copy>

</xsl:template>

Source:http://xtf.cdlib.org/documentation/programming-guide/
Is that code yet installed in XTF? Where I have to put or edit this?

But I think this code can ignore only words and not a character as my case.

In the case this can be used to ignore a single character/symbol, perhaps I have to do something like this on the original file to ignore ():
Lorem ipsum d@(olor@) s@(it@) a@(met@), c@(onsectetur@) a@(dipiscing@) e@.lit

and in that case if I search the word "dolor" I need to find the match in the original file "d@(olor@)"
if I search the word "elit" I need to find the match in the original file "e@.lit"

and in that case I always want to display in view page the sentence like this without @:
Lorem ipsum d(olor) s(it) a(met), c(onsectetur) a(dipiscing) e.lit

So I need to know how it can be done, and which changes I have to do.
Thanks

Valentina