Extract Code Templates

Wolf Rost

May 27, 2020, 2:42:09 AM5/27/20
to Xtend Programming Language
Hello everyone,

I try to find my code templates, which I specified as xtend code templates, in my generated code in an automated way.
Do you know a way (tool/method) to get that achieved?

Thanks in advance,
Wolf

Sebastian Zarnekow

May 27, 2020, 4:34:39 AM5/27/20
to xtend...@googlegroups.com
Hey Wolf,

there is not out-of-the-box solution available that I'm aware of.
You could try to locate all usages of StringConcatenation in your Java code. But it would certainly be easier to read the Xtend code and traverse the underlying model instead.
In any case I don't know a tool which does this.

What are you trying to achieve?

Best
Sebastian

Wolf Rost

May 29, 2020, 3:58:13 AM5/29/20
to Xtend Programming Language
Hi Sebastian,
Thank you for your quick reply.
As a first step, I want to be able to find the predefined code templates in the generated code.
My next step would be to analyze other possible reference applications with the extracted templates (patterns) to see if they have matching code parts.
That is what I am looking for right now.
But my overall goal would be to reverse these steps.
Having multiple reference applications and be able to extract similar code templates that are present across the applications.

Kind Regards,
Wolf