Eclipse Issue with UX Studio / Demandware PIpeline Debugger Cannot Initialize TreeMapConverter

Dominic Caballero

Nov 24, 2021, 11:25:12 PM11/24/21
to XStream User
Hello
    I am unable to create an debugger in eclipse. I am getting an error that says it cannot inialize TreeMapConverter. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Jörg Schaible

Nov 25, 2021, 3:41:55 PM11/25/21
to XStream User
Hi,
What has XStream to do with an debugger in Eclipse?

Regards,
Jörg

Dominic Caballero

Nov 25, 2021, 5:03:30 PM11/25/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com
I do not know.  It is giving me this errors for UX Studio Pipeline Degugger when I try to select a site on my SFCC sandbox.

Dom Caballero

Jörg Schaible

Nov 25, 2021, 7:20:30 PM11/25/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On Tuesday, 25. November 2021, 23:03:17 CET Dominic Caballero wrote:
> I do not know. It is giving me this errors for UX Studio Pipeline Degugger
> when I try to select a site on my SFCC sandbox.

And "UX Studio Pipeline Degugger" or "SFCC sandbox" don't tell me anything.

Regards,
Jörg

Dominic Caballero

Nov 25, 2021, 7:28:49 PM11/25/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com
When I create a pipeline debugger in eclipse and try to select a site this error shows up in eclipse.  Here is a reference on how I create a pipeline debugger:
Step 6 is where I get this error.

--
Dom Caballero

Jörg Schaible

Nov 26, 2021, 6:00:18 PM11/26/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On Friday, 26. November 2021, 01:28:37 CET Dominic Caballero wrote:
> When I create a pipeline debugger in eclipse and try to select a site this
> error shows up in eclipse. Here is a reference on how I create a pipeline
> debugger:
> https://documentation.b2c.commercecloud.salesforce.com/DOC3/index.jsp?topic=
> %2Fcom.demandware.dochelp%2FLegacyDevDoc%2FDebugging.html Step 6 is where I
> get this error.

Well, XStream is a library to marshal Java objects to XML and back. It is
heavily based on reflection and has therefore to run in the classpath, it will
fail currently in the module path. I am not involved in any development of
Salesforce, you will have to ask there, what they do with XStream.

Regards,
Jörg

Dominic Caballero

Nov 26, 2021, 6:04:12 PM11/26/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. After your last message.  I think I should have asked them before XStream, which I already did. Thanks for telling me what Xstrem does.

Dom Caballero

Elias David

Dec 12, 2021, 4:06:21 AM12/12/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am using XStream over JAXB and have been succesfully for a while, however I recently discovered an exception that was being gobbled.

I am doing with Redis.

Normally, I would serializeToBytes myself, and then I can deserializeFromBytes eventually.

However, in this particular instance, I can also receive bytes from Redis that I myself have not serialized with XStream.

This is causing issues, particularly this:

The logic used:

My XStream instance setup:

XStream seems to only be able to deserialize objects from byte[] that itself have generated which is fine most of the time.

But here, it is the the event bus, which at times, I may push messages on to, and I might also get events from Redis which are plain Strings as byte[].

Is there a way to have XStream return the right object when it detects that is not its own object, and in this case a byte[] representing a String or a primitive?

I know it might be asking for too much, but Ideally this type of exception could be handled if configurable to do so?

// Elias

Elias David

Dec 12, 2021, 4:11:14 AM12/12/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com

More particularly, the code that is not (!!!) overridable is in Token.Java:

Jörg Schaible

Dec 12, 2021, 3:25:14 PM12/12/21
to xstrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elias,

this does not make sense to me. The binary driver uses an internal binary
protocol to marshal/unmarshal the object graph.

So what should happen, if suddenly some arbitrary bytes are mixed into this
stream at deserialization time? How many of them? What happens, if those
arbitrary bytes start by accident with one of the tokens?

Regards,
Jörg