Functions vanish from the compiled Xproc XSL (Oxygen 20 works, 22.1 fails)

bob stuart

Jul 26, 2020, 4:19:43 PM7/26/20
to XSpec
So I've not done the good testing to prove my theory yet. Hoping one of you recognizes the symptoms and can say that I forgot to do X, misconfigured Y or some such thing. Too many of you seem to be having great success for me to believe I actually found a bug.

I have an XSL which has several functions inline in the XSL. I have XProc tests which were working under Oxygen 20 but now choke In Oxygen 22.1 I'm not positive what versions of XProc those two Oxygen versions correspond to.

The error appears to be that the functions are not in the compiled XSL so all the calls to them choke making the compiled XSL fail to be able to execute.

Thanks.

bob stuart

Jul 26, 2020, 4:23:52 PM7/26/20
to XSpec
Narrowed down the Oxygen Versions at least 21.1 works 22.0 does not, sadly I'm not sure how to map that to XSpec versions. DARN I see I typed XPROC when I wanted to say XPSEC in a bunch of places. SIGH. This has nothing to do with XPROC and all XSPEC. Sorry for the confusing titles.

Alex Jitianu

Jul 27, 2020, 2:06:29 AM7/27/20
to XSpec
Hello,
To see which XSpec version comes bundled with Oxygen, you'll have to go to Help->About. Select the Frameworks tab and search for XSpec. Anyway, Oxygen 21.1 comes bundled with XSpec 1.2.0 and Oxygen 22.0 with XSpec 1.5.0. The lateste version of Oxygen is 22.1 and that one comes bundled with XSpec 1.6.0.

It might help checking if the same behavior happens when running XSpec from the command line with an official release:

Bob Stuart

Sep 19, 2020, 10:24:27 PM9/19/20
to xspec...@googlegroups.com
So I Forgot to reply here once I figured it out. It was bad namespaces in included files. Apparently the newer versions are doing things more correctly and my included files had errors where the same prefix was defined with the wrong namespace. once I got all the prefix/namespaces agreeing it all worked wonderfully.

Thanks for the help.