XSI Scene creation properties

Tauno Ööbik

Jun 21, 2007, 8:44:29 AM6/21/07
to X...@softimage.com
Hi there!

Is there a way to change the directory structure settings what XSI uses
when it is creating directory structure for new scene?

Example: if I create new scene I would like to specify what kind of
directories it creates.

Example: by default it uses "Render Pictures" folder under scene to
save out rendered material. But I would like to have that changed to
something else and so on...

What kind of control is there possible?

Thanks,
Tauno

---
Unsubscribe? Mail Majo...@Softimage.COM with the following text in body:
unsubscribe xsi

Bradley Gabe

Jun 21, 2007, 1:17:53 PM6/21/07
to X...@softimage.com
1) Create a new, empty XSI Project
2) Change the subdirectory names to whatever you like
3) Add any additional directories you want
4) Whenever you need a new XSI Project, copy that directory
--
Bradley R. Gabe | Senior Creature TD | Stan Winston Studio

Andre DeAngelis

Jun 21, 2007, 1:33:45 PM6/21/07
to X...@softimage.com

Or just write a short script in Python or Perl to create such a project structure.

Marc Bourbonnais

Jun 21, 2007, 1:45:05 PM6/21/07
to X...@softimage.com
Well, you need a "dsprojectinfo" file, and it has to be in a "system" folder. Other than that, you're free to do what you want with the structure.

--
Marc Bourbonnais
CG/FX Consultant

Ajit Menon

Jun 21, 2007, 3:53:45 PM6/21/07
to X...@softimage.com
Here's something that might help.
If  remember correctly I downloaded this off Guillame aForge's website a while back...
ProjectDirectoryStructure.v1.1.rar

Guillaume Laforge

Jun 22, 2007, 4:24:42 AM6/22/07
to X...@softimage.com
>If remember correctly I downloaded this off Guillame aForge's website a
>while back...

This addon came from Guy Rabiller website, not mine.

Cheers

Guillame aForge

Ajit Menon a écrit :

> Here's something that might help.
> If remember correctly I downloaded this off Guillame aForge's website a
> while back...
>
> On 6/21/07, Marc Bourbonnais <3dl...@marcbourbonnais.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well, you need a "dsprojectinfo" file, and it has to be in a "system"
>> folder. Other than that, you're free to do what you want with the
>> structure.
>>
>> --
>> Marc Bourbonnais
>> CG/FX Consultant
>> http://www.marcbourbonnais.com/blog/
>>

>> Andre DeAngelis wrote:
>>
>> Or just write a short script in Python or Perl to create such a project
>> structure.

Ajit Menon

Jun 22, 2007, 10:18:29 AM6/22/07
to X...@softimage.com