Re: Intro to the new team (was RE: Softimage development)

David Gallagher

Apr 19, 2012, 11:25:45 AM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Enthusiastic hello from me!
Dave G

On 4/19/2012 6:14 AM, Chun-Pong Yu wrote:
> Luc-Eric's comments are a good segway for me to introduce some members of the new team and what they're working on. We've been lurking on the list so far, and have been amazed by the passion of most in the community for Softimage and will support it as best as we can. Now that Luc-Eric, Guillaume LaForge, Guillaume Laferriere, etc. have moved to the Maya team, we'll be participating more actively especially when there're technical issues reported.
>
> We're all based in Singapore btw (so the comments on durians were apt) where the cost of labour isn't that much different from Montreal and certainly much higher (3x?) than in China. And there're more people in the team than there were in Montreal two years ago. Moreover, folks like JF, Francis, David, Manny, Graham, etc. are still around (the first 3 are in fact still developing enhancements and bug fixes for customers). Hence Autodesk is still investing in the Softimage since guess what? Soft still makes money for the company.
>
> It's true that the team doesn't know the code as well as Luc-Eric and team but that's not to say that we're newbies to software development, 3D graphics, simulations, rendering, etc. either. Sure, we don't have the 10-15 year histories with Soft that the "old" team had, but we're happy to say that they're still around (even many from the acquisition who eventually moved to other Autodesk teams) and still helping out when there's a need. But that should go down as we become more familiar with the code.
>
> So here goes:
>
> Hsiao Ming Chia - Core, Ref Models. From NVIDIA, worked on games middleware and runtime engines for 8 yrs.
> Yury Khmel - Core, ICE, FaceRobot. 12+ years, last 5 as an architect in games development.
> John Tensuan - Rendering, Data Management. Last in Ubisoft doing rendering and engine systems.
> Ho Chung Nguyen - ICE, Simulation. Wrote core libraries for math, physics simulation, rendering while at LucasArts.
> Joany Yang - UI, SDK. Mainly engaged in UI projects using COM, MFC, C++, etc while at another team at Autodesk.
>
> Me? I just manage the team so am the "overhead" :-)
>
> If you're ever in Singapore, we'd love to meet you.
>
> Regards,
> Chun Pong

Eric Lampi

Apr 19, 2012, 11:29:23 AM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Welcome!

Yes, this is a pretty enthusiastic group, and we look forward to the fruit of your efforts.

The tone of this list is sometimes pretty light, but in general you have a lot of very smart, talented folks many who have decades of production experience with SoftImage and other tools. Having visited other 3D forums in the past, you don't get a lot of nonsense here. Feel free to pick people's brains, I learn something new constantly on this list just by passively reading it.

Eric
--
Freelance 3D and VFX animator

Bradley Gabe

Apr 19, 2012, 11:38:58 AM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Greetings and salutations!

I appreciate your taking the time to introduce the new team to the community. This is an important and helpful step.

Something the old devs hopefully made you aware of is that as SI users, we really do have a community of mutual support and mutual respect that centers around this mailing list.

Some of us have been on this list and its prior incarnations for almost 20 years, dating back to before XSI was even in development.

Don't be amazed by the passion expressed by those in the community. Passion is a necessary attribute (along with pigheaded stubbornness) for anyone who wishes to succeed in CG. It's that passion that inspires one to restart, reload, and retry until finally, a solution is found and the day is saved.

As Softimage users, we have always felt the underdogs. For the most part, we don't have the 500-artist studios with the internal RnD departments, and intranets with Q&A and support. All we have is each other, on this list and a couple of forums. And over the years, having devs and reps at the mothership who would go out of their way to talk to us was an important factor, a security blanket (whether real or only perceived), that helped stoke that passion.

One of my main concerns when Autodesk took over the reigns of Softimage was not about what they would do with the technology, but rather *would they continue to talk to us*, or would they be consumed into a distant posture more typical of the mega-corporate culture.

So don't be strangers. You have no idea how important it is to the well-being of this community.

-Bradley

an...@andynicholas.com

Apr 19, 2012, 11:44:45 AM4/19/12
to Chun-Pong Yu, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Cool! Welcome to the new team! Thanks for introducing them to us Chun Pong.

+1 on them sending out their Twitter IDs. Definitely encourage them to pop up on
the list and say hello "in person" if they want to.

Cheers,
Andy

Eric Turman

Apr 19, 2012, 11:53:26 AM4/19/12
to an...@andynicholas.com, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Twitter is fine, but please don't forget to have a presence on this list too. There are some of us out here who do not use twitter or facebook.
--

-=T=-

Christian Gotzinger

Apr 19, 2012, 12:58:42 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hello and welcome!

Thank you for introducing yourself and the team. It really feels good to know that you guys are out there, and that you're a bigger team than team Montreal.

Steven Caron

Apr 19, 2012, 1:05:46 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Laferriere too! doh! i just mentioned how he replaced halfdan and i felt comfort. lol. so John is our go to guy now?

anyways, welcome to the community!

Gustavo Eggert Boehs

Apr 19, 2012, 1:08:05 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
So is there a Montral team still? Or is it over?
--
Gustavo E Boehs
3d Artist

Vladimir Jankijevic

Apr 19, 2012, 1:16:44 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi and welcome to the community

I hope you guys will continue to make this product a more stable and interesting place to be for the future generations of like minded people!

Thanks!
Vladimir
--
---------------------------------------
Vladimir Jankijevic

Elefant Studios AG
Lessingstrasse 15
CH-8002 Zürich

+41 44 500 48 20

www.elefantstudios.ch
---------------------------------------

Alok Gandhi

Apr 19, 2012, 1:51:21 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Welcome guys, you can treat this forum as the "nerve center" of the soft community. Hope to see you guys actively participate !

Matt Lind

Apr 19, 2012, 2:56:53 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

> So is there a Montral team still? Or is it over?

That is my question as well.

Who has left, who’s still on the product, and who is in the process of moving on if they haven’t left already?

I’m not panicked, but one thing that separated Softimage from other products is the amount of interaction with the development team.  While it’s nice to see a hello message, it would be nicer to get an idea of the scope/magnitude of this change so we the customer can make our own adjustments to how we do things.  I’ve been around Softimage for 20 years (come July), and as Brad mentioned earlier I’m part of the group that pre-dates the current product’s existence.   In that time I have seen plenty of people come and go, but not wholesale like this.

Matt

Stefan Andersson

Apr 19, 2012, 3:10:03 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Is Chinny still there? :) When he leaves, that's when you can panic.

regards
stefan
--

STEFAN ANDERSSON // Creative Director // Mad Crew AB // http://www.madcrew.se

Scott Lange

Apr 19, 2012, 3:13:10 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

"In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Scott Lange

Animation and VFX

Apr 19, 2012, 3:13:44 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
i literally held my breath and cringed for few seconds... dont make me sad stefan. plz :(

Stefan Andersson

Apr 19, 2012, 3:31:17 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
we'll see what the official channel has to say. I'm just surprised that he hasn't chimed in yet... he usually does that to calm us all down....

Christian Gotzinger

Apr 19, 2012, 3:55:10 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
My god, what an awful thought. Chinny, please post!

klak06

Apr 19, 2012, 4:09:59 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Welcome to the list!

Hopefully you find the time to be as active as the guys from the dev team have been on this list over the years.
Curious about the things to come...
cheers, Klaus

Jason Brynford-Jones

Apr 19, 2012, 4:29:26 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Well like most others on the team who have posted, I too will be working with them on something new. Softimage is mature enough now and in very capable hands.

While we will no longer be working on Softimage, we are all still here to help if the occasion arises.

As you have seen, we are still on this list ;-)

Chinny

My god, what an awful thought. Chinny, please post!

winmail.dat

Christian Gotzinger

Apr 19, 2012, 4:36:24 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
And apparently Maya still needs lots of help. It sounds like the entire SI team has been dissolved.

Steven Caron

Apr 19, 2012, 4:36:41 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
grumble...grunt... grrr

have fun guys.

Chris Marshall

Apr 19, 2012, 4:38:00 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Well good luck Chin! I'm slightly sad to hear you've moved on. There was never anyone with more passion and raw enthusiasm for Sumatra/XSI/Softimage than you! Respect!!
--

Chris Marshall
Mint Motion Limited

Greg Punchatz

Apr 19, 2012, 4:45:58 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Good luck to you and everyone else... I truly cant  thank all of you enough for the amazing ride softimage has been.

All this does make me sad, but I hope something good comes out of it.... ohh and please make maya less stupid ;)

Greg Punchatz
Sr. Creative Director
Janimation
214.823.7760
www.janimation.com

Bradley Gabe

Apr 19, 2012, 4:46:25 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
They were originally going to make these announcements 2 and a half weeks ago. Imagine how confusing THAT would have been!

Eric Lampi

Apr 19, 2012, 4:47:35 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Well I don't know anyone who loves Maya past the fact that a lot of work has come out of it. Most people who have used both are in a world of hurt, because they know it can be better.

Here's an idea: Why don't you guys just re-write Maya as ICE nodes and package it up so it runs on top of SoftImage. No one would ever know.

At least they'd have working passes. Ha ha.

Scott Lange

Apr 19, 2012, 4:51:56 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Matt Morris

Apr 19, 2012, 4:54:22 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Well that's a bit of a shock. Thanks for the good times Chinny! Good luck with the new roles to everyone.
--
www.matinai.com

David Barosin

Apr 19, 2012, 4:55:28 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yes a big thank you for all the amazing work.   I hope the move is a good one.   Keep the spirit alive.

Tim Crowson

Apr 19, 2012, 4:58:41 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Don't what else to say. I think this sums things up....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oabcM9SOF-E

I only know one thing for sure: I hate modeling in Maya.

Tim Crowson
Lead CG Artist

Magnetic Dreams Animation Studio, Inc.
2525 Lebanon Pike, Building C. Nashville, TN 37214
Ph  615.885.6801 | Fax  615.889.4768 | www.magneticdreams.com
tim.c...@magneticdreams.com

On 4/19/2012 3:38 PM, Chris Marshall wrote:

tak...@earthlink.net

Apr 19, 2012, 5:05:47 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Agree 1000%.

Party on...

-T
Apr 19, 2012, 5:08:38 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yes, of course thank you Guillame, Chinny, etc. we all wish you the best.

Is everyone really just sanguine about this? losing some of the best developers we've known of, and counted on for years?
It goes without saying that this is not a reflection on the new folks that are taking over the Softimage dev.......

But really? What the hell?
To suggest that this wasn't expected is foolish, but i repeat.

What the Hell? Autodesk? Care to comment?

John

Apr 19, 2012, 5:16:11 PM4/19/12
to john clausing, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
END OF LINE.
md_logo.gif

Byron Nash

Apr 19, 2012, 5:21:31 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thanks for all you guys have done over the years. I look forward to hearing from the new team an hope they chime in as the old team has over the years. I agree with the masses here that one of the really nice things about Softimage is being able to hear from the devs on occasion and maybe meet a few at SIGGRAPH or somewhere.

Happy trails on the Maya team.  Please polish out the suck!
md_logo.gif

Mirko Jankovic

Apr 19, 2012, 5:30:39 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
good by and thanks for all the code.. something in that line ;)
hope that SI will keep going if nothing else at least bug fixing... it would still be way better than anything else for years to come.

Rob Chapman

Apr 19, 2012, 5:33:22 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
incredulous, absolve the the entire known dev team ( except Brent stays yes?) into fecking Maya, plan it for over year, whilst denying everything and that nothing is going to happen to Softimage.  seriously?

Graham Bell

Apr 19, 2012, 5:38:36 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Jeez, com guys, these posts make for depressing reading.
Whilst some will see this as the ‘end’, it’s also the start of something new. Everything has got to change over time and Softimage (nee XSI) is no different. I don’t see the point in wallowing, the best thing now would be to give as much support as possible to Chun-Pong and his team.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Greg Punchatz <gr...@janimation.com<mailto:gr...@janimation.com>> wrote:
Good luck to you and everyone else... I truly cant thank all of you enough for the amazing ride softimage has been.

All this does make me sad, but I hope something good comes out of it.... ohh and please make maya less stupid ;)
________________________________
Greg Punchatz
Sr. Creative Director
Janimation
214.823.7760<tel:214.823.7760>
www.janimation.com<http://www.janimation.com>

www.mintmotion.co.uk<http://www.mintmotion.co.uk>

--

STEFAN ANDERSSON // Creative Director // Mad Crew AB // http://www.madcrew.se<http://www.madcrew.se/>

winmail.dat

Steven Caron

Apr 19, 2012, 5:41:28 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
stay calm, there are others still around... unless they are leaving too. sean, marc-andre, yanick, brent... those are just off the top of my head.

dont forget all the support guys too! stephen, graham, siddarth, matthew.. i am sure i am missing someone...

Steven Caron

Apr 19, 2012, 5:43:06 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
thats just stefan... his heart moved on long ago ;)

Eric Turman

Apr 19, 2012, 5:45:31 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
So long guys! Thanks for all your help. If Luc-Eric and crew were involved in the interviewing process I'm confident that the "new guard" is going to shine :).

Welcome aboard Chun-Pong and crew, I look forward to a bright future!

-=T=-
--

-=T=-

Graham Bell

Apr 19, 2012, 5:55:34 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Sidd does the same AE role as me, but in APAC and is based in.....Singapore. :)

stay calm, there are others still around... unless they are leaving too. sean, marc-andre, yanick, brent... those are just off the top of my head.

dont forget all the support guys too! stephen, graham, siddarth, matthew.. i am sure i am missing someone...

winmail.dat

Greg Punchatz

Apr 19, 2012, 5:59:05 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
GO Chun-Pong! GO team Singapore! Make my beloved softimage even better than those pesky french canadians ever could ;)  Show us what you can do!  You have big shoes to fill!

To the folks moving to Maya.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you happen to be working on ICE for Maya, please make it as close to ICE in soft as you can , so us old softies will have a leg up on the Maya guys when its released.... that and for the love of god give us a soft interaction model :)

Greg Punchatz
Sr. Creative Director
Janimation
214.823.7760

Steven Caron

Apr 19, 2012, 6:00:40 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
i know right. we made one for them... least they could do ;)

Graham Bell

Apr 19, 2012, 5:59:41 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I’m not sure what else we can say, when we are as up front and honest as possible, no one seems to believe us anyway.

Apr 19, 2012, 6:10:40 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I dont claim to know the bigger picture – but I’ll make a wild guess:

Softimage is going to be more focussed on games from now on. To me, this team, as well as the move to Singapore seem in line with that.

Maya will remain targeted on film – and those from the softimage team moving to maya might do so because of this, besides not wanting to relocate.
(or because maya is going to be the next gen platform?)

Max will remain to be the one-for-all software.

If you’re a softimage user in games this could prove to be a good change, if you’re a film customer not so much.

Overlapping 3D softwares from the Autodesk portfolio aligning themselves more to different industries sounds like a reasonable strategy, though I wont claim to like that direction – and I hope I’m wrong.
At least its clear where Autodesk puts their eggs (or is it?) - and its not like the film industry didn’t already largely move to Maya anyway.

Anyways, good luck to old and new teams alike – regardless of what these changes mean.

Jason Brynford-Jones

Apr 19, 2012, 6:09:25 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Well good luck Chin! I'm slightly sad to hear you've moved on. There was never anyone with more passion and raw enthusiasm for Sumatra/XSI/Softimage than you! Respect!!

I think I know of one with more...
[cid:image0...@01CD1E57.8A7E8D70]
Mark Schoennagel is still thrashing the Softimage drum :-D

image001.png

Greg Punchatz

Apr 19, 2012, 6:13:50 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Well that saves me a phone call :)

Greg Punchatz
Sr. Creative Director
Janimation
214.823.7760
www.janimation.com

Eric Cosky

Apr 19, 2012, 6:28:27 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I believe you. I was a dev on a MMO game for a number of years and it was always interesting to see how the perception of the users was affected by the occasional exit of someone - or several people - who were more visible to the players than the average person on the team. This was always a little frustrating for the vast majority of us who continued to work behind the scenes to keep improving the product because no amount of messaging seemed to help alleviate the concerns. There will always be some portion of the user base who would prefer everyone they know who is working on the project stay there indefinitely and considers anything else to be a sign of trouble, when really what is important (to me anyway) is that the product continues to be well supported by qualified people. There are a lot of smart people out there who could contribute to Softimage's future and change is not necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe the sky is falling, I dunno. I do know that for the very first time ever I received an email asking for more information about one of my automated crash reports (CER) that was sent in, which to me is progress. I've wondered for years now if anyone even looked at those.

Xavier Lapointe

Apr 19, 2012, 6:33:26 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hey Steven, you were missing Manny Papamanos on the support team (;

Alok Gandhi

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Stefan Andersson <ste...@madcrew.se<mailto:ste...@madcrew.se>> wrote:
Is Chinny still there? :) When he leaves, that's when you can panic.

regards
stefan

-----
No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Raffaele Fragapane

Apr 19, 2012, 7:56:04 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
We welcome the new overhead overlord and his minions!
More seriously, good to hear from, or at least about, you guys. Please do make sure you pick up the torch of mailing list interactions where the old guard left it, even if at the cost of a feature or two per release :)

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Chun-Pong Yu <chun-p...@autodesk.com> wrote:
> [...]

So what does that mean? Well first it means that Autodesk is committed to continuing the development of Softimage - otherwise we wouldn't be spending so much effort building a new team.  We worked a lot on this!
 I interviewed every single one of these guys - and some we rejected.
The new guys have backgrounds in game production, real time shader, physics, etc.  They're bring new ideas and skills.

And it also means that Autodesk is renewing its effort on the Maya FX's toolset, which is not super interesting to you guys obviously, but is that a thing that makes sense.

It's hard to leave Softimage, but it's also hard to not get excited with the new projects.  We're going to Digital Domain and ILM this week with Duncan. New experiences!  If we can just stop hitting the S key to orbit the camera, everything will be fine.

Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

Sylvain Lebeau

Apr 19, 2012, 11:25:58 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Sorry for the french swearing...

Sacrament de tabarnak ...

Welcome to you guys Chung-Pong!!
i have mixed up feelings of course. I really must admit this is major in terms of seeing Softimage finally vanish but i cant do anything except to hope for the best for all of us softimage underdogs. Taking all the devs out to Maya is a sign we cannot put our heads under the sand.....

Chung-Pong, you guys seem's to come from a gaming background mostly... Could you tell us about your plans for the futur? .. i mean what was asked to you?.... probably you cannot say anything...  But i really hope you guys are going to bring something new and refreshing so we can still hope for a futur.... You guys have a great challenge under hands. Millions of code lines to delve into..... I wonder how the SP1 will look like. Good luck from the bottom of my heart! Hat's off for the undertaking.. :-)

caliss de siboire....

btw: anyone can tell me how to plug textures in the hypershade plz??  I middle click and drag onto the shader then a pop up connection editor come's across.... and nothing i can do in there...... any tips? .... Ohh almebic is already there?? wow nice!!. ...  i' ll still install Helge's version.
and how do i do render layers exactly? ..... membership something? Where are the partitions? .... overrides? ...

... chu en tabarnak .... sacrament.. ...Dans l'cul Autodesk de marde avec ma grosse graine.

sly

--

Sylvain Lebeau // SHED
V-P/Visual effects supervisor

Thursday, April 19, 2012 7:56 PM
We welcome the new overhead overlord and his minions!
More seriously, good to hear from, or at least about, you guys. Please do make sure you pick up the torch of mailing list interactions where the old guard left it, even if at the cost of a feature or two per release :)

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:14 AM
[...]

Apr 19, 2012, 11:36:24 PM4/19/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Epic swearing, thanks for the laugh, Sylvain 8-)
compose-unknown-contact.jpg

Simon Pickard

Apr 20, 2012, 12:09:23 AM4/20/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Bit selfish I know but can I get an OSX version of Softimage before they bin it?
Ta! :)

Eric Thivierge

Apr 20, 2012, 12:17:34 AM4/20/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Flame war on Simon!!! But honestly, who uses Macs for serious 3D production work anyway? :P

Eric Thivierge
http://www.ethivierge.com

Simon Pickard

Apr 20, 2012, 12:25:44 AM4/20/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Not many Softimage users that's for sure.

Kiril Aronofski

Apr 20, 2012, 12:39:37 AM4/20/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Am I wrong in thinking that those who moved over to maya FX project are people largely responsible for ICE work in Softimage? Seeing how most of the new guys come with a strong game software engineering background, this to me signifies a big shift in development focus for both maya and softimage.

Just thinking out loud I guess. Definitely struggling to make any sense of what has happened here.

P.S. Sorry not to be enthusiastic about this. I admire those old xsi devs way too much to be happy about them packing their bags and leaving.

All the best to the Singapore team, of course.

Sylvain Lebeau

Apr 20, 2012, 12:40:59 AM4/20/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
seriously Eric…. being obligated to drag a folder into terminal just to copy/paste a path is a shame…… no one can use a Mac for our work…. well i think so…..

Sylvain Lebeau // SHED
Vice-président, Visual Effects Supervisor
1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E ÉTAGE MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025 WWW.SHEDMTL.COM

Eric Thivierge

Apr 20, 2012, 12:43:42 AM4/20/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

I don't think that many Maya ones either.

Sylvain Lebeau

Luc-Eric Rousseau

Apr 20, 2012, 12:53:11 AM4/20/12