autodesk subscription login broken?

adrian wyer

Jun 14, 2010, 9:50:05 AM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Keep getting “wrong password”, tried password recovery, and when I enter the new AW generated password, I get “wrong password”

grrrrr

Adrian Wyer
Fluid Pictures
16-18 Beak St.
London W1F 9RD
T.++44(0) 207 434 3565
F.++44(0) 207 100 1989
E. adria...@fluid-pictures.com
www.fluid-pictures.com

Fluid Pictures Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Company number:5657815
VAT number: 872 6893 71

piotrek marczak

Jun 14, 2010, 9:54:35 AM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
yep happens all the time here
but pass recovery works
for few days, than again wrong password

adrian wyer

Jun 14, 2010, 9:58:13 AM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

I tried password recovery twice, and still it won’ let me in!!

Anyone from AD listening?!?!

Adrian Wyer
Fluid Pictures
16-18 Beak St.
London W1F 9RD
T.++44(0) 207 434 3565
F.++44(0) 207 100 1989
E. adria...@fluid-pictures.com
www.fluid-pictures.com

Fluid Pictures Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Company number:5657815
VAT number: 872 6893 71

Fabrice Altman

Jun 14, 2010, 10:00:02 AM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Just logged in a minute ago. Apart from usual internet sluggishness on our side, nothing wrong with login.

Are you a Softimage user, a terrorist or running Linux ?

F.

adrian wyer

Chris Marshall

Jun 14, 2010, 10:10:47 AM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
case sensitive?

Stephen Blair

Jun 14, 2010, 10:23:20 AM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Did you submit a help request for your signin problem?
http://signinhelp.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=11034745&id=11258568

I don't have access to login accounts so I'm afraid I can't do anything to help.

If you need to download Softimage or submit a service request, or look up your serial numbers, I could help with that. Email me offlist.

Thanks

Stephen Blair
Product Support Team Lead, Softimage/3dsMax
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Blog<http://xsisupport.wordpress.com/> | KB<http://autodesk.com/softimage-support> | Wiki<http://autodesk.com/softimage-kb>

If you would like to comment on my work, please contact my manager chris....@autodesk.com<mailto:chris....@autodesk.com>.

E. adria...@fluid-pictures.com<blocked::mailto:adria...@fluid-pictures.com>
www.fluid-pictures.com<blocked::http://www.fluid-pictures.com/>

Fluid Pictures Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Company number:5657815

adrian wyer

Jun 14, 2010, 10:47:27 AM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Case sensitive.... copied and pasted from the original AD email.....

Submitted a support request.... waiting.....waiting......waiting......

ta

Adrian Wyer
Fluid Pictures
16-18 Beak St.
London W1F 9RD
T.++44(0) 207 434 3565
F.++44(0) 207 100 1989
E. adria...@fluid-pictures.com

www.fluid-pictures.com

Fluid Pictures Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Company number:5657815
VAT number: 872 6893 71

Jun 14, 2010, 12:55:26 PM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Ah... but you need to enter the login and password in under 3 seconds. Otherwise your account will self destruct, don't you know? ;)

Andy Nicholas

Jun 14, 2010, 1:56:24 PM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi guys,
I'm trying to recover a scene that's just crashed on me, but it keeps on
crashing every time I reload it as it's re-evaluating the ICE tree that
was causing the problem.

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable all your modelling operators
when your recovered scene loads so that it doesn't crash again? I know
that there's a preference for it in scene debugging, but obviously I can't
enable it because XSI is crashing.

Is there an environment variable that does the same?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Stephen Blair

Jun 14, 2010, 1:57:22 PM6/14/10
to an...@andynicholas.com, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Did you enable the scene debugging preferences and then merge the problem scene?
Also, maximize an explorer before you merge.
winmail.dat

Ciaran Moloney

Jun 14, 2010, 2:02:18 PM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
How about disabling all the viewports?

christian keller

Jun 14, 2010, 2:04:49 PM6/14/10
to an...@andynicholas.com, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
you can copy the scene from the database/sytem/user folder
rename it to *scn
the you can start xsi and tell it not to load crash backup
goto preferences datamanagement / scene debugging
and try the various options
if you have your ice tree object in a seperate
model you can also try the crash recovery, which skips the corrupted model.
for the crash recovery you should read the manual

good luck !!!

christian keller
visual effects|direction

+49 0179 69 36 248
chr...@gmx.de

Alan Fregtman

Jun 14, 2010, 2:05:11 PM6/14/10
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yeah, middle click on each viewport to mute it. Then File->Merge Scene.

Andy Nicholas

Jun 14, 2010, 2:05:34 PM6/14/10
to Stephen Blair, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the awesomely fast response. Unfortunately, I can't merge the
problem scene as it's being loaded during crash recovery, so I don't have
this latest version saved. (yep, it's my own fault on this one)

Okay, I'm guessing that there's no way of doing that. Thanks anyway.

David Rivera

Jun 14, 2010, 2:07:04 PM6/14/10
to an...@andynicholas.com, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I know there is a key you need to keep pressed for XSIs "safe" mode. But I can´t remember well right now. Merging the scene has also worked for me in the past.
If everything else fails, go backup folder of your project and select the appropiate scene load by time.
Tell us how it went.

David.

Jun 14, 2010, 2:06:52 PM6/14/10
to an...@andynicholas.com, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
read my last mail !

christian keller
visual effects|direction

+49 0179 69 36 248
chr...@gmx.de

Andy Nicholas

Jun 14, 2010, 2:12:29 PM6/14/10
to christian keller, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi Christian,
Awesome, thanks a lot. I didn't know about it storing the crash recoveries
in there. I reckon that I should be able to do something with that.

Thanks everyone for their speedy suggestions. This list rocks :-D

Andy Nicholas

Jun 14, 2010, 2:28:57 PM6/14/10
to christian keller, soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yep, that worked a treat. Nice one!