Link to help on an ICE Compound

Simon Reeves

Nov 13, 2013, 6:11:05 AM11/13/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Does anyone know if it's possible (I checked xsisupport ;) ) to connect up the help (?) button to a html page on custom compounds?
I checked the xml of a premade compound that links to softimage's support pages but unfortunately I don't see it in there, I wonder how it's linked....?..

It would be incredibly useful to have, being able to release some compounds and have their help files online to reference easily!

Cheers,

Leonard Koch

Nov 13, 2013, 6:14:18 AM11/13/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I looked into this previously and it is not possible. You can only do it with custom ice-nodes as far as I know.
The thread I made about it is somewhere on the list too.

Simon Reeves

Nov 13, 2013, 6:14:03 AM11/13/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Simon Reeves

Nov 13, 2013, 6:39:24 AM11/13/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thanks Leonard,

That's so annoying.. Especially as this one that Steven Caron posted in the PPG Logic works for render tree!

Simon Reeves

Nov 13, 2013, 6:58:05 AM11/13/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Well I guess I can use the open help url in netview... Or install the helpfile locally and make my pages there! Not the most practical!

D:\Autodesk_2013\Softimage 2013 SP1\Doc\en\Help\en_us\userguide\files\iceref_sr_Get_Distance_from_Object.htm

Gustavo Eggert Boehs

Nov 13, 2013, 7:24:07 AM11/13/13
to SI mailing list
If developers are listening this and other small annoying things regarding ice compounds (Im looking at you undraggable-and-undropabble ports, and you properties unexposed through operators), if vanished, would make it all just perfect :D

Gustavo E Boehs
Dpto. de Expressão Gráfica
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/