Hybrid software

Alan Eddie

May 11, 2022, 4:48:00 AM5/11/22
to Softimage Mailing List
Hi there, I have been on this group for years and enjoy the Friday Flashback. Used Softimage XSI from the start. I moved on to Maya in 2015, constantly tinkering to build a suitable 'generalist' platform for myself, taking some ideas from the brilliant simplicity of Softimage. Thought you might like to see the UI!

Cheers
Alan.

bBZ8O_11_May_2022.jpg

davids...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2022, 5:14:33 AM6/9/22
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com

Nice Maya skin!! I guess you’re using a 21:9 monitor?

Cheers

David Saber

+ 33 6 26 13 25 98

image001.jpg

Alan Eddie

Jun 10, 2022, 4:56:02 AM6/10/22
to Softimage Mailing List
WQHD monitor, not the ultra wide.
Its getting there! At least when using Maya, it's so easy to code, the stuff that annoys Softimage veterans can be changed easily and indeed be improved upon.
The first few things I coded were - Universal duplicate, Make material local, and show last op in stack. (What I used to use every 5 seconds!)