İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Sebastien Sterling

okunmadı,
6 Ara 2014 05:28:416.12.2014
alıcı soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Ive noticed now a couple of times when sending a mesh back into sofrimage, that

the uv's get erased or that the vertex order, or ID is different, often this seems to

happen regardless of what degree of manipulation i want to effect. I can't seem to

find a reocuring reproducible source for this, with the possible exception of dividing

the mesh, adding a sub div level, something you can do in mudbox without any issues.

Is there some guard, some box I can tick to tell zBrush to preserve vertex order ? or at the very least will prompt me if a perticular manipulation is going to break it ?

Many thanks and a good weekend to you !

- Seb

Andy Goehler

okunmadı,
6 Ara 2014 09:42:026.12.2014
alıcı soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I’ve noticed this behavior post Softimage 2010 releases. Where with the OBJ exports the vertex order is not preserved. It caused us many headaches and countless numbers of redoing UVs. Like you I have nothing reproduce able, however your chances of the bug increases when you mirrored the mesh before. It’s odd — I’ve advised my team to export to .OBJ and reimport before rigging and UVing. It’s a Softimage bug, not ZBrush.

Nowadays, I just import both meshes into Houdini and use the Match topology SOP. Bingo.

Andy

Sebastien Sterling

okunmadı,
6 Ara 2014 11:36:076.12.2014
alıcı soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Might it be a problem with the app link ?

i notice it to happen with layers as well.

Orlando Esponda

okunmadı,
6 Ara 2014 13:36:416.12.2014
alıcı softimage
Are you sure is the vertex order that is changing? or just the samples order?

Andy's description and solution seems to be the best one. I would try to export from softimage as obj and import again to softimage. The export this new mesh and replace the base mesh in Zbrush.

If this is too much, maybe you could try to fix the UVs manually http://vimeo.com/67783125

Nic Sievers

okunmadı,
6 Ara 2014 15:32:166.12.2014
alıcı soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
For the UV's make sure in Zbrush in the Export options in the Tool Panel you have 'Txr' turned on.  It won't export UV's with that turned off.  Also I normally have 'Mrg' on too or the UV's will be separated

Sebastien Sterling

okunmadı,
6 Ara 2014 19:31:046.12.2014
alıcı soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thx Guys, will try all these. it's nice knowing it's not an isolated problem.
Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla
Yönlendir
0 yeni ileti