Softimage and 4K monitor

phil harbath

Nov 16, 2021, 4:08:35 PM11/16/21
to 'Walter Volbers' via Softimage Mailing List
Any problems with Softimage and a 4k monitor?  What can I expect as far as difference than a 1920x1200 monitor?

I am thinking about a 16x9 32inch monitor.  I have a 27 inch right now 2560x1440 and it is a little hard to see text, I am hoping for an improvement.

Phil

patrick nethercoat

Nov 16, 2021, 4:26:36 PM11/16/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com
Works well for me with display magnification set to 150%. 100% is pretty hideous though.
Did you try that on your current monitor?

Sven Constable

Nov 16, 2021, 5:16:52 PM11/16/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com

I’m using a 4k display for quite some time and beeing able to work with Softimage very comfortable. My monitor has 4k on 41 inch.

The scaling within windows doesn’t work with Softimage entirely. So I’m using the 100% setting by windows.

Unfortunatly it’s not made for highres displays and gives a warning message when the scaling is above 100%.

It starts up but not everything is scaled accordingly (some issues like text boxes cut and font too big).

At the end, it depends on the “real” resolution. In your case its 2560px on 27 inch, which is a ratio of 95 (2560 divided by 27... 95 pixels per inch). We can use the diagonal length since both displays have 16:9.

Going up to 4096 on 32 inch is a ratio of 128, what means that text will be smaller (128 pixel per inch)

In this case the new display will make things even worse.

Sven