Clarisse

phil harbath

Nov 22, 2021, 9:13:05 AM11/22/21
to 'Walter Volbers' via Softimage Mailing List
Anyone ever used Clarisse?  I have heard wonderful things, but I am curious if it is a real pain (workflow) to get scene elements into it on a project to project basis.   It seems like Houdini has something like this now too.

Phil

Steven Caron

Nov 28, 2021, 3:15:33 PM11/28/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com
It imports and supports all the major formats, since it doesn't have it's own poly modeling toolset it is dependent on external sources. It does this well...

Expect to redo shading, not sure of their latest support for USD materials/shading.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 6:13 AM phil harbath <phil.h...@jamination.com> wrote:
Anyone ever used Clarisse?  I have heard wonderful things, but I am curious if it is a real pain (workflow) to get scene elements into it on a project to project basis.   It seems like Houdini has something like this now too.

Phil

phil harbath

Nov 28, 2021, 4:08:15 PM11/28/21
to 'Walter Volbers' via Softimage Mailing List
thank you for the answer Steve.   I have never worked in multiple programs before (other than modelling), it seems a strange.  It looks from the video that you can dress a scene with in Clarisse, but if you're animating elsewhere, you probably need to interact with the stuff built in Clarisse.  So like do you have to send it out to the animating program, get the animation set, THEN send the animation stuff to Clarisee.  Just wondering.  I would love to find a way to move on from Softimage, looking at the options.

Steven Caron

Dec 2, 2021, 5:23:53 PM12/2/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com
Ya, it supports the two main cached animation formats. Alembic and USD. It might support more, it's been a long time since I used it.