Friday Flashback #441

Stephen Blair

Feb 26, 2021, 12:30:45 PM2/26/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com

phil harbath

Apr 2, 2021, 11:29:16 PM4/2/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com
Is it safe to install the Windows ver 20H2 update, I hate for something to happen to my dear Softimage if I did and it never opened again.

thanks
Phil

Hirazi Blue

Apr 3, 2021, 2:03:37 AM4/3/21
to Softimage Mailing List
On my system it does still work under 20H2...20H2.png

Ersin Süpke

Apr 3, 2021, 3:20:00 AM4/3/21
to Softimage Mailing List
Its working for me too...XSI_with_win-20H2.jpg

Sven Constable

Apr 4, 2021, 4:47:25 AM4/4/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com

Well, if you downgraded to Win7 for whatever reason, it's up to you of course. I wouldn't recommend it if the machine has an internet connection, however.

Regarding Softimage, afaik the only thing that does not work smoothly anymore is the netview because it's using some old version of IE and therefore outdated by now. Softimage in general  works fine on Win10 here.

I'd rather anticipate hardware and driver problems coming up one day or the other than issues with windows itself. High resolution displays come to mind. Stuff like that.

Sven

I downgraded to Windows 7 last week because fuck Win 10. I'm sticking to Softimage till the day I die.

Also fuck Autodesk.

Cheers <3

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 9:13 PM <xsi_...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Is it safe to install the Windows ver 20H2 update, I hate for something to happen to my dear Softimage if I did and it never opened again.

thanks
Phil

Hirazi Blue <hiraz...@gmail.com>: Apr 02 11:03PM -0700

On my system it does still work under 20H2...[image: 20H2.png]

"Ersin Süpke" <in...@ersin-graphics.de>: Apr 03 12:20AM -0700

Its working for me too...[image: XSI_with_win-20H2.jpg]

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to
xsi_list+u...@googlegroups.com.

~WRD000.jpg