conflict with QT DLLs inside Softimage 2011.5

Xavier Lapointe

Jan 6, 2011, 1:51:44 PM1/6/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi guys,

I had a strange problem today using PyQt4 (latest x86_64 version) and softimage 2011.

Here's the traceback:

# INFO : Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\dev\sourceAssets\src\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
#     from PyQt4 import QtGui
# ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Finally found that the problem comes from the Qt DLLs inside the softimage installation bin directory
(C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2011 Subscription Advantage Pack\Application\bin)

I fixed it by renaming the Qt DLLs with a .bak extension ... but I was wondering if this could cause any problem to Softimage, and if anyone of you had this problem and managed to solve it (let say without renaming the DLLs)?

I used the new installer: http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download for Python 2.6 x86_64

I also doubled check the %Path% to make sure I had this include directory: C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin.

Thanks,

--
Xavier

Stephen Blair

Jan 6, 2011, 1:59:24 PM1/6/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
We don't use the Qt DLLs.
I believe the idea was to ship the Qt dlls for plugins that use Qt, so that the dlls were already in place.
winmail.dat

Xavier Lapointe

Jan 6, 2011, 2:04:41 PM1/6/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Alright, thanks (:

I bet I'm not the only one having this issue with PyQt then? Since the setenv.bat sets env. vars, it seems that Qt DLLs coming from the Si2011 installation overrides the one from PyQt from within Softimage...

2011/1/6 Stephen Blair <Stephe...@autodesk.com>

--
Xavier

Stephen Blair

Jan 6, 2011, 2:12:44 PM1/6/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
You are the second that I know of ;-)

Steven Caron

Jan 6, 2011, 2:19:07 PM1/6/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
we remove the shipped qt dlls to avoid this issue.

Xavier Lapointe

Jan 6, 2011, 2:23:31 PM1/6/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Sweet, that answer my Qs.