Driving a Color At Vertices (CAV) map using ICE?

Bradley Gabe

Feb 27, 2012, 12:04:27 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Does anyone know how to get the context to work, in order to drive per point values into a CAV map?

I have multiple weight maps on a mesh, and I'd like to use their per point scalar values to drive a resulting vertex color map.

If this is not possible, that would also be good to know. :-)

-Bradley

Sajjad Amjad

Feb 27, 2012, 12:10:13 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hi,
Not exactly sure what you're after but perhaps the following link can help:
http://vimeo.com/7052244
I made this a few years ago. There's a link to a downloadable scene on the page.

Cheers,
--

-----
"Consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative" - O. Wilde

Vladimir Jankijevic

Feb 27, 2012, 12:15:15 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
you have to look it up from the node context. so a tree like this should work:

getData(self.nodelocation)->getData(cls.WeightMapCls.Weight_Map.Weights)->gradient->setData(XXXXX.cls.UV_Cluster_AUTO.Vertex_Color.Colors)

cheers
vladimir
--
---------------------------------------
Vladimir Jankijevic

Elefant Studios AG
Lessingstrasse 15
CH-8002 Zürich

+41 44 500 48 20

www.elefantstudios.ch
---------------------------------------

Bradley Gabe

Feb 27, 2012, 12:19:31 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
It's working, thanks for the help!

Grahame Fuller

Feb 27, 2012, 12:20:26 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Or put the weights into an object-context array using Build Array from Set, then

GetData(self.NodeToVertex) --> SelectInArray

gray

On 27 February 2012 17:04, Bradley Gabe <with...@gmail.com<mailto:with...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Does anyone know how to get the context to work, in order to drive per point values into a CAV map?

I have multiple weight maps on a mesh, and I'd like to use their per point scalar values to drive a resulting vertex color map.

If this is not possible, that would also be good to know. :-)

-Bradley

--

-----
"Consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative" - O. Wilde

--
---------------------------------------
Vladimir Jankijevic
Technical Direction

Elefant Studios AG
Lessingstrasse 15
CH-8002 Zürich

www.elefantstudios.ch<http://www.elefantstudios.ch>
---------------------------------------

winmail.dat

Leonard Koch

Feb 27, 2012, 12:40:37 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Yes that is possible.
The trick here is the nodelocation value.

The graph in the image I attached should do it.
WeightMapToCAV_Graph.JPG

Matt Lind

Feb 27, 2012, 2:27:01 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Weight maps stored data on vertices, vertex colors store data on Polygon Nodes.

My experience in the past has been to do everything at the most granular level and do the up-sample if needed.  In this case, define your main context as polygon node and try to upsample to the vertex to get any weight map value.  It’s a PITA to get working.

Matt

Sam Cuttriss

Feb 27, 2012, 2:33:32 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
agreed, ive found ice gets a bit frustrating to query/set node level data from a different context.

Bradley Gabe

Feb 27, 2012, 2:40:44 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
It's not a PITA in this case, it's pretty easy to get the exact effect I was after (blending weightmaps) using the following tree:

Inline image 1
CAV_tree.png

Matt Lind

Feb 27, 2012, 2:44:05 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

When you start doing other things such as get closest location from other parts of the mesh, it gets a little harry to deal with as you’ll run into more context issues.

Sam Cuttriss

Feb 27, 2012, 2:46:24 PM2/27/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
or UV manipulations  across dislocated islands